ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Have you ever experienced a Haunting? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361224)

Strictly Jake 12-09-2019 07:58 AM

Have you ever experienced a Haunting?

I was just thinking about what me and my wife did for our first anniversary and I remember we stayed in the Liverpool adelphi Hotel. As it was our first anniversary I paid a little bit extra for us to feel posh. Anyway when we got there we were shown to our room. It was in the basement there is only like 3 rooms there and it didnt feel at all posh I mean the room was ok just wasn't luxurious and when you looked out the room there wasn't a view just a drainpipe and a barrier. It's a really nice hotel though so we spent more time in the bar areas etc rather then our room. Anyway a couple of things happened the morning after....

It was about 4.30am and there was a massive lamp on the dressing table it was huge no amount of wind would have moved it. Anyway while we were sleeping it fell to the floor it gave us the fright of our life but just because of the noise we didn't think much further of it. About half 6 that morning 2 ladies walked into our room apologised and left again. I assumed they were cleaners and still to this day assume they were cleaners. However I got thinking about this lamp falling today and deciding to look something up and it's freaked me out. Bear with as I post the link...

A Liverpool hotel has been named as the ‘most haunted in the UK’ by a paranormal expert.

The Adelphi Hotel on Ranelagh St has been named ‘most haunted hotel in Britain’ by supernatural investigator and author Tom Slemen, who even claims he has seen some of the hotel’s supernatural guests himself.

“I often gave talks in the hotel’s Sefton Suite, and was unaware that this suite is an exact copy of the Titanic’s First Class Smoking Lounge, built by the same craftsmen hired by the White Star line.

During one talk, there was standing room only, and I and many other people saw three men standing at the far end of the room who were dressed as naval officers with white caps and dark jackets with all the braiding.”

“The middle officer, who looked about sixty, had a white beard and stood about 5 feet 7 or 8, and the trio were there one moment then gone the next, and there were gasps of shock when this trinity of ghosts vanished.”

They said: “It wouldn’t surprise me if it was all true, over the years a few members of staff have reported seeing a grey lady in a Victorian style dress in the basement.

Raymond Brown, a 15-year-old pageboy who died after becoming trapped in the baggage room lift of the Adelphi Hotel in August 1961. His ghost, resplendent in his cap and uniform, has even picked up the luggage of guests and carried it off to various rooms and corridors before vanishing.
An unknown whistler in the lift of the hotel who often breaths down the neck of guests and sometimes taps them on the shoulder.
“George” a man in a tuxedo with a toothbrush moustache who calls to members of the public from a certain window on the Brownlow Hill side of the hotel. He committed suicide at the Adelphi sometime in the 1930s.
An unidentified female pickpocket ghost who has been seen rifling through guests clothes and belongings in the early hours. She always disappears into thin air when she is challenged.

Strictly Jake 12-09-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

It wouldn’t surprise me if it was all true, over the years a few members of staff have reported seeing a grey lady in a Victorian style dress in the basement
Now I wonder if that explains the massive lamp falling over by itself. Gives me the heebie jeebies

Also wonder why when I paid extra and said on the website can they make it extra special as its our anniversary they put us in the room that is haunted?

Strictly Jake 12-09-2019 08:11 AM

I have to say due to my religious beliefs speculating on ghosts isn't something I like to do. I hate anything supernatural but there have been quite a few unexplained things I have seen happen.

I swear my bedroom in our new house is haunted we have been in it for a year and it's not a creepy house at all. But there has been some strange goings on

Last year I saw a Fisher woman holding a basket and smiling at me she seemed to be in a black and white photograph and at the time I thought it was a dream

Do you know those dreams where your half asleep(the falling ones for example) Well I often see lots of spiders in my half asleep dreams that I swear are in the room so quite often I have to turn the light on in a panic and get up in the room looking for the spiders which aren't there Which my wife finds funny as she always goes to sleep after me

So I just thought it was maybe one of these half asleep dreams. Only why would I be half asleep at about 3 in the morning? But I brushed it off

But my wife told me a couple of weeks ago she saw an army guy and a little girl next to her side of the bed. A couple of days ago she heard rustling of helium balloons(there were helium balloons in my daughters room) so my wife wondered why she heard them next to the bed and it turned out that the balloons were still in the same place in my daughters room.

So now I hate sleeping in there

But I try and imagine it must be something else as I don't like to believe ghosts exist

Saph 12-09-2019 09:48 AM

My mums a spiritualist so shes always going on about ghosts and energy everywhere :joker:

one of the only times I've actually experienced anything is when I used to walk the dog on Greenham Common (the old American air base) and usually around winter time when it would get darker earlier, we could see a shadow figure walking in the corner of our eyes. It was always around a particular small tree, which we then called the ghost tree and this tree would never grow leaves or anything, it was just a bare creepy looking tree all year round.. we saw the walking shadow figure multiple times between us over the years.

then the other time was when I was about 10, my family went on a big family holiday to an isolated fort on the channel island Aldernay (apparently my grandad had always wanted to go..) and pretty much everyone experienced something weird, some heard noises in the night of cannons and people talking, others heard static noises and I saw a face of an old man in a window in the room my grandparents were in, when I saw it I didn't think much because I assumed it was my grandad, but it turned out they were in the communal room at that time.. so idk who/what that was

Jessica. 12-09-2019 02:17 PM

No because nothing supernatural exists.

montblanc 12-09-2019 02:28 PM

Spoiler:

Tony Montana 12-09-2019 02:30 PM

Can't say I have.

michael21 12-09-2019 02:41 PM

Yes one day there was a bird in my garden I look away then look back it had gone :bawling: