ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What hobbies have you kept since childhood? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361392)

JerseyWins 18-09-2019 04:57 AM

What hobbies have you kept since childhood?

A lot of people get bored of things after a while or quote on quote "grow up or out of" certain things they used to do. What have you kept from those earlier stages of your life though?

JerseyWins 18-09-2019 04:59 AM

- Playing video games (less than back then but not given up completely at any point)
- Playing sports (something I pretty much moved away from in my 20's but starting to enjoy and get back into again lately)
- Watching sports (4eva :love:)

I think that's about it for me though :think: At least for stuff I REALLY enjoyed.

LaLaLand 18-09-2019 05:06 AM

- Art (it’s now my job)
- Wrestling (just can’t shake it - especially now when it seems it’s becoming more popular again)
- 90’s R&B (well this was all in the charts when I was in Primary School so it was popular then but I’ve just stuck with that sound, love it)
- Video Games

Kazanne 18-09-2019 06:13 AM

Same as Lalaland as in art,I love painting and drawing, I still do it as often as I can.

Nicky91 18-09-2019 07:09 AM

gardening

my love for 00's europop music

my love for animals

bit of singing, dancing on my own in my bedroom :D

MB. 18-09-2019 07:14 AM

Depression!

Twosugars 18-09-2019 08:46 AM

Astronomy since I was 7

Cal. 18-09-2019 09:37 AM

Being an annoying fat bitch

Dogeatdog 18-09-2019 10:54 AM

- Playing video games although not as much as I did when I was younger.
- Watching sports, listening to my favourite songs from my childhood from time to time.
- Pranking friends or work colleagues. Nothing to over the top but just things to brighten the mood a bit sometimes (if that makes sense).

Strictly Jake 18-09-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10680072)
gardening

my love for 00's europop music

my love for animals

bit of singing, dancing on my own in my bedroom :D

Why not share your singing and dancing with us on here Nicky?

smudgie 18-09-2019 11:03 AM

Daydreaming.

SherzyK 18-09-2019 11:09 AM

-Playing video games: Always been a fan of competitive fighting and adventure games. My first console being a PS2 and having every other console after it :P
-Athletics: Ever since primary, I’ve been taking part in track-related activities and competing in sports days. Now that I’ve left school, I can barely find the time
-Playing sports: Badminton, Tennis and a little bit of football here and there :)

JerseyWins 18-09-2019 12:50 PM

Nicky gardening as a kid :laugh: :love:

Nicky91 18-09-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyWins (Post 10680205)
Nicky gardening as a kid :laugh: :love:

:flutter: i have respect for nature

Ammi 18-09-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB. (Post 10680075)
Depression!

..:hug:...you fill others with so much joy..:hug:..

LaLaLand 18-09-2019 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10680058)
Same as Lalaland as in art,I love painting and drawing, I still do it as often as I can.

Awesome Kazanne! I’m starting my first ever proper oil painting Portrait this week - nervous! :hehe:

Kazanne 18-09-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLand (Post 10680326)
Awesome Kazanne! I’m starting my first ever proper oil painting Portrait this week - nervous! :hehe:

Aw do it Lalaland and I hope we get to see it,there is a thread on here somewhere of the members drawings etc,some of mine are posted as is Johnnies I think,you could post it there,I'de love to see it.:wavey:

LaLaLand 18-09-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10680330)
Aw do it Lalaland and I hope we get to see it,there is a thread on here somewhere of the members drawings etc,some of mine are posted as is Johnnies I think,you could post it there,I'de love to see it.:wavey:

I’ve got all my stuff ready (paints, brushes, a big 20”x24” canvas panel, medium etc etc) and done weeks and weeks of research on tips, effects, processes so I’m going to start maybe tomorrow or Friday and take my time with it.

I’ll find it and post progress shots then, they’ll be up on my Instagram anyway over the weekend (should be).

It’s a cool shot I found of new Joker Joaquin Phoenix in his full costume smoking from the set of the new movie. Hope I do it justice but this is totally new territory for me being a lifelong pencil guy with some watercolour thrown in! Really going to be patient with it!

Kazanne 18-09-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLand (Post 10680333)
I’ve got all my stuff ready (paints, brushes, a big 20”x24” canvas panel, medium etc etc) and done weeks and weeks of research on tips, effects, processes so I’m going to start maybe tomorrow or Friday and take my time with it.

I’ll find it and post progress shots then, they’ll be up on my Instagram anyway over the weekend (should be).

It’s a cool shot I found of new Joker Joaquin Phoenix in his full costume smoking. Hope I do it justice but this is totally new territory for me being a lifelong pencil guy with some watercolour thrown in! Really going to be patient with it!

Yes,you have to take your time LalaLand, if you make a mistake don't worry you can easily alter it, I have only done two oils, water colour is easier, you've made me want to draw again now:wavey:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 18-09-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB. (Post 10680075)
Depression!

[2]

JerseyWins 18-09-2019 05:11 PM

Always loved art but never applied myself to it much after like elementary school... in a way that is kind of a childhood hobby that I stopped doing completely but people would like a lot of my stuff in my high school art class :joker: I’ve lost any artistic touch I ever had now tho

Would love to see TIBB art :clap1:

Ammi 18-09-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLand (Post 10680333)

It’s a cool shot I found of new Joker Joaquin Phoenix in his full costume smoking from the set of the new movie. Hope I do it justice but this is totally new territory for me being a lifelong pencil guy with some watercolour thrown in! Really going to be patient with it!

...ahhh, I’ve been wanting to ask you if you were going to draw Joaquin as the Joker because I know how amazing your celebrity sketches are...and I know what a fan you are of the character and of his portrayal...but a watercolour, though...what an amazing first choice that is, to fit your talent...

Kazanne 18-09-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyWins (Post 10680337)
Always loved art but never applied myself to it much after like elementary school... in a way that is kind of a childhood hobby that I stopped doing completely but people would like a lot of my stuff in my high school art class :joker: I’ve lost any artistic touch I ever had now tho

Would love to see TIBB art :clap1:

There is a thread somewhere on here JerseyWins.

Ammi 18-09-2019 05:25 PM

...for Jersey...

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=266996

LaLaLand 18-09-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10680334)
Yes,you have to take your time LalaLand, if you make a mistake don't worry you can easily alter it, I have only done two oils, water colour is easier, you've made me want to draw again now:wavey:

Yeah that's the plus, easily corrected! I think it'll take me a while but I'm all up to date for now with portrait commissions so I'm just going to put my whole focus into this. Diet, exercise and painting - bliss? :joker:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10680341)
...ahhh, I’ve been wanting to ask you if you were going to draw Joaquin as the Joker because I know how amazing your celebrity sketches are...and I know what a fan you are of the character and of his portrayal...but a watercolour, though...what an amazing first choice that is, to fit your talent...

Aw thanks so much Ammi! Yes well I had a few ideas for my "first oil painting" but each just had certain things that seemed tricky (lots of hair, some diamonds, contrasting elements etc etc) and I thought I'd better stick to something more "safe" for my first one. Then I saw this image of Joaquin I loved and managed to find a really big, clear version that I could crop down and zoom into to get a nice composition. It has one of his hands in it and hands are notorious for me but that's my "challenge" element of this piece ha. Yeah not watercolour Ammi, oils! 20 inches x 23/24 inches canvas panel! Scary :joker::joker: