ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Survivor (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=658)
-   -   Unpopular Opinion: 'Boston Rob' SUCKS! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361635)

Joe. 30-09-2019 08:21 PM

Unpopular Opinion: 'Boston Rob' SUCKS!

Do you agree?

Just watched the Island of Idols premiere and I'm sorry but compared to Sandra he is trash.

He was HANDED a win by production.

I do not see the obsession whatsoever. Actually I do, Jeff is obsessed.

Really wound me up how in the montage of Rob saying 'We've both won this game' (Clip of Robb winning on the fourth time he'd played, when lost the other three) to 'We've both lost this game' (Clip of Sandra being voted out on the third time she'd played when won the other two!)

Thoughts?

LukeB 30-09-2019 08:38 PM

wouldn't really say 'awful player' there are awful players on Survivor but Rob isn't one of them, he's not the best but definitely not a awful player.

Cirie lost all of her seasons but she is still one of the best players.

Joe. 30-09-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 10687420)
wouldn't really say 'awful player' there are awful players on Survivor but Rob isn't one of them, he's not the best but definitely not a awful player.

Cirie lost all of her seasons but she is still one of the best players.

Very true, maybe I should have phrased it differently, I just don't think he's worthy of this 'Island of Idols' edit.

Liam- 30-09-2019 09:06 PM

Only watched two of his seasons and couldn’t stand him on either so yeah, seconded

JerseyWins 03-10-2019 06:21 AM

He's really great tbh but yeah Sandra is better. The Queen stays Queen :douf:

Idk about on this season :think: They're pretty equal. Sandra isn't doing/saying too much and I've really liked a couple lines & confessionals from Rob but at the same time Sandra is typically great without trying :joker:

DouglasS 03-10-2019 06:25 AM

I think he’s great. He wasn’t handedthe win by production he just played with the biggest group of idiots of a cast there have ever been. They were happy to all come second genuinely :laugh:

Redemption have been a good season if there was at least some competition, but there was no excitement and it was very obvious with no storyline other than Rob steamrolling why it’s reviewed so badly. But Rob himself is a great player. It’s the same with Kim and One world, just dull and her steamrolling, but once again a great player that is overlooked

JerseyWins 03-10-2019 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10688519)
Redemption have been a good season if there was at least some competition, but there was no excitement and it was very obvious with no storyline other than Rob steamrolling why it’s reviewed so badly. But Rob himself is a great player. It’s the same with Kim and One world, just dull and her steamrolling, but once again a great player that is overlooked

Yeah agree with this. I probably like RI & even OW more than most though because I think despite the predictability they remained entertaining for moments & explosions from the tribes. But a steamroll (especially an obvious one) is usually a bit detrimental. (it always is really but sometimes other factors can still save it for me)

Rob! 03-10-2019 07:55 AM

:suspect:

LemonJam 03-10-2019 11:23 AM

Not really an awful player but his legacy on Survivor is nauseating. And yes, Redemption Island was the worst season ever (not here for the recent Ghost Island is worse theory cos... Just... No)

starry 03-10-2019 10:53 PM

I liked him on The Amazing Race with Amber but not outside of that.

caprimint 20-05-2020 11:38 PM

He's just a bit of a ****

So annoying and unfunny too

JerseyWins 20-05-2020 11:44 PM

I did like him quite a bit in this season too but Redemption Island & Marquesas Rob >>>>>>>>

Matthew. 21-05-2020 12:11 AM

I don’t like him either

Mokka 21-05-2020 12:51 AM

This isn't an unpopular opinion. I'd say you are in the majority. I am a fence sitter on the issue. Take him or leave him.

Macie Lightfoot 21-05-2020 01:35 AM

I actually tricked myself into thinking Rob wasn't that bad this season bc he at least ****ed off early but then Rob The Juror happened and he reminded me just how much he sucks.

JerseyWins 21-05-2020 01:57 AM

This a polarized opinion. He's got a lot of fans & a lot of haters :fan:

Wizard. 21-05-2020 06:15 PM

I hate him, i hate him i hate him i hate him!

bbcanicons 22-06-2020 07:30 PM

I agree! His ego in general is just too much, and he really isn't that great of a player. On his winning season, he was basically handed the win, competing with rookies that were easy to manipulate.

Macie Lightfoot 22-06-2020 11:30 PM

I think an understated factor of RI is that the players were shown HvV in sequester, and that season basically serve as propaganda that Rob is a good and loyal guy who should be aligned with and Russell is an evil and ruthless gameplayer who you shouldn't trust at all. I think that if anything else created a scenario where a bunch of young and dumb recruits flocked to Rob and listened to his every word.