ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB 1 - 5 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=549)
-   -   The Treatment of Jodie Marsh (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361683)

aaronneely2017 03-10-2019 12:14 PM

The Treatment of Jodie Marsh

Anyone else feel her treatment on show was completely vile?

I mean sure her way of life didn't sound exactly appealing but the way some of the men treated her especially Barrymore was ridiculous, She did nothing wrong in there and even Davina had no sympathy for her at all. It was almost like Barrymore was jealous and intimidated that there was another celeb in the house that was hoping to be loved and redeemded by the public

One of the worst cases of Bullying in BBUK ever!
Would others agree?

Liam- 03-10-2019 12:33 PM

Her treatment was awful, she literally did nothing to warrant the abuse they gave her

aaronneely2017 03-10-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10688700)
Her treatment was awful, she literally did nothing to warrant the abuse they gave her

Looking back honestly it looked as if they were obsessed with her, they immediately just seemed to pre judge her based on her media career where-as they could have given her the chance and actually get to know Jodie the person rather than Jodie the celebrity.

Eddie. 03-10-2019 03:43 PM

Jodie was so misunderstood and her time in the house was just ruined by Pete and Michael for no apparent reason.

Michael was a piece of **** through it all while even though I like Pete, he was being a massive prick towards her. I would have thought he was an all-time CBB great if not for his treatment towards Jodie...

RileyH 03-10-2019 03:48 PM

Absolutely disgusting and made for highly uncomfortable viewing, Bullymore was vile and his constant attacks along with Pete saying she's using her dead dad for sympathy were awful

Twosugars 03-10-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RileyH (Post 10688810)
Absolutely disgusting and made for highly uncomfortable viewing, Bullymore was vile and his constant attacks along with Pete saying she's using her dead dad for sympathy were awful

Yeah

Kazanne 03-10-2019 04:08 PM

Pete Burns and Barrymore were vile to her, I don't see why any of them would still have fans.

GoldHeart 04-10-2019 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10688820)
Pete Burns and Barrymore were vile to her, I don't see why any of them would still have fans.

I'm in 2 minds about this.
Coincidentally I was rewatching this CBB on YT , Jodie doesn't exactly help herself & I'm not a big fan . Out of her & Katie Price then obviously at a push Jodie is less messy & has her mind together. But I think it was a big mistake for her to go in the bb house. She contradicted herself , she wanted to be perceived as more than a model who's sex mad ,yet in the house that's all she talked about :bored: .

Especially when she was drunk . She also got too defensive but I don't think she was secure in herself ,wrong time to do reality tv but she wanted the lime light again. And I personally think she should of stayed away from reality tv & had a rest ,she didn't do herself any favours appearing on 2 tacky dating shows 1 where she was proven to be a liar (don't know the name of it as never watched it ) & another programme where she's flirted with other girl's boyfriends , still can't believe that show existed :facepalm: . She has made some poor decisions in tv gigs.

However the vegan argument was pathetic from Barrymore & he looked like a raving lunatic escaped from prison :crazy: ,Pete enjoyed being brutal as he knew he'd get away with it as most of them either didn't take him seriously or they found him funny like he was roasting them for giggles, but he said some nasty things.

The fur & meat argument escalated as well .

And the hypocrisy of it all was how both Pete & Dennis had smutty conversation yet didn't get confronted or ganged up on.

And both Barrymore & Pete had mental issues themselves . Barrymore was an emotional wreck & Pete always had his demons & seemed to lash out. And George had an ego on him the size of mount Everest.

arista 04-10-2019 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronneely2017 (Post 10688689)
Anyone else feel her treatment on show was completely vile?

I mean sure her way of life didn't sound exactly appealing but the way some of the men treated her especially Barrymore was ridiculous, She did nothing wrong in there and even Davina had no sympathy for her at all. It was almost like Barrymore was jealous and intimidated that there was another celeb in the house that was hoping to be loved and redeemed by the public

One of the worst cases of Bullying in BBUK ever!
Would others agree?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jodie_Marsh

Sure she got Picked on
but to be fair
She Signed Up for it,
Davina did not like her.

She is a better person now
Body Building
Fit Lady

Elliot 04-10-2019 07:49 PM

jodie didn't really do anything either, it was so out of the blue and unwarranted

Rob! 05-10-2019 02:23 PM

It was mostly uncalled for, though Jodie didn't help herself a lot of the time, but it was also, as was so typical of BB at the time, a fascinating look into the human psyche and in particular, the hypocrisy of the rest of the celebs with regard to public image and media perception.
Barrymore in particular should have known at the time how damaging the press can be to someone's career and Pete had done very little but battle the press every day of his life up to that point and yet there they were having never met Jodie before completely hounding her because of how they had already perceived her. A smarter person than Jodie could have ended them in a few short moments by pointing out their own contradictions but she let it all get on top of her and her eviction was pretty much a mercy killing by the public.