ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I was in coral bookies shop 4 hours ago... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361824)

parmnion 06-10-2019 02:32 PM

I was in coral bookies shop 4 hours ago...

I strides in healthy, chirpy as my usual self.

I was in for half an hour listening to young woman doing the commentary over the speakers...her sniffling away inbetween races..suffering from the flu...

Well it's four hours later and I'm back home feeling like ****e, sniffing away and shivering..

Now I'm not claiming the viruses have learned to spread via bookie tannoys....but there was nobody else in the shop.:shrug:

Vicky. 06-10-2019 02:35 PM

Usually with illnesses, you catch them a few days before you get any symptoms. Someone did give you the lurgy somehow, but not tannoy woman..hope you feel better soon, just got over a raging cold myself that I described as flu and was shot down because if it was flu I wouldnt have even been able to get out of bed.. :laugh:

parmnion 06-10-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10690839)
Usually with illnesses, you catch them a few days before you get any symptoms. Someone did give you the lurgy somehow, but not tannoy woman..hope you feel better soon, just got over a raging cold myself that I described as flu and was shot down because if it was flu I wouldnt have even been able to get out of bed.. :laugh:

Its man flu...:fist:

Vicky. 06-10-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10690858)
Its man flu...:fist:

Ha, oddly enough it was my husband that reckoned I was not even that ill. Then he caught it a few days later, and suddenly the very same illness meant it warranted bedrest and endless lemsips brought up and such :laugh:

parmnion 06-10-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10690839)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10690870)
Ha, oddly enough it was my husband that reckoned I was not even that ill. Then he caught it a few days later, and suddenly the very same illness meant it warranted bedrest and endless lemsips brought up and such :laugh:

Yeah...cause he sooked all the bad virus out of your body just by being male...and suffered for 2.:smug:

Toy Soldier 06-10-2019 03:54 PM

Bookies are just filthy Parm I used to get ill constantly until I started regularly using hand sanitiser. If it had air conditioning, that doesn't help either. Blows germs all round the shop.

Alf 06-10-2019 03:54 PM

The flu effects a man more than a woman. It's a known fact.

Man flu is much worse than giving birth, I'd imagine.

parmnion 06-10-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10690876)
Bookies are just filthy Parm I used to get ill constantly until I started regularly using hand sanitiser. If it had air conditioning, that doesn't help either. Blows germs all round the shop.

Funnily enough the air conditioning was off. ..I usually stand directly under it cause I'm so hot..

I seriously think I've caught it off the commentator..or her sniffles have weakened my immune system somehow..tin hat me all you want..but that's what I believe.

More the sound of her sniffles tricking my immune system now though, rather than the virus coming through the tannoys.

parmnion 06-10-2019 04:20 PM

Whatever happened. ..Im now snorting green Flem every 3 minutes..was ok earlier..

thesheriff443 06-10-2019 04:27 PM

Most people feel sick after leaving the bookies, after coming out skint.

Next you will be telling us you got pregnant from holding a baby.

Do shape up.

parmnion 06-10-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 10690907)
Most people feel sick after leaving the bookies, after coming out skint.

Next you will be telling us you got pregnant from holding a baby.

Do shape up.

You don't feel sick coming out a bookies, you feel. more determined to beat them next time...go get him virus.....send

parmnion 06-10-2019 04:31 PM

This is awful. .I just spat in the bin fgs.

parmnion 06-08-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10690838)
I strides in healthy, chirpy as my usual self.

I was in for half an hour listening to young woman doing the commentary over the speakers...her sniffling away inbetween races..suffering from the flu...

Well it's four hours later and I'm back home feeling like ****e, sniffing away and shivering..

Now I'm not claiming the viruses have learned to spread via bookie tannoys....but there was nobody else in the shop.:shrug:

The day i caught corona I reckon.

Smithy 06-08-2020 10:58 AM

The first case in the world was in China in November but aye it was probably that

parmnion 06-08-2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10892042)
The first case in the world was in China in November but aye it was probably that

Yes. I'm convinced it was cause I was still suffering the same symptoms eating my xmas dinner.

Marsh. 06-08-2020 03:50 PM

You caught the flu off a woman several miles away that you heard through speakers?

parmnion 06-08-2020 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10892126)
You caught the flu off a woman several miles away that you heard through speakers?

No (oh) corona actually.

LeatherTrumpet 06-08-2020 05:43 PM

as i have mnentioned before i (and me good pal Jem in manchester) had a very unusual illness right before Christmas, knocked us for 6

would not be surprised if it wasnt covid

bitontheslide 06-08-2020 06:01 PM

i think anyone that had a sniffle in the last 9 months thinks they had covid ... maybe some did, but even if they did their immunity has probably disappeared long ago

LeatherTrumpet 06-08-2020 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10892211)
i think anyone that had a sniffle in the last 9 months thinks they had covid ... maybe some did, but even if they did their immunity has probably disappeared long ago

im not so sure the science is good on that, if you have had it you are good for a few years just like the flu

Marsh. 06-08-2020 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10892191)
as i have mnentioned before i (and me good pal Jem in manchester) had a very unusual illness right before Christmas, knocked us for 6

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't covid either :hee:

Smithy 06-08-2020 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10892243)
I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't covid either :hee:

:joker::joker::joker::joker:

parmnion 06-08-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10892191)

I knew I was on about this way way back..

My mum caught it of me when I went up at xmas, when j left she was floored. And very lucky I guess.

parmnion 06-08-2020 08:20 PM

I'm sure kate was really bad as well.

parmnion 14-03-2021 05:05 PM

Lol...still reckon this is true.