ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Extinction Rebellion Protesters start 2 weeks in Central London (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361833)

arista 07-10-2019 07:29 AM

Extinction Rebellion Protesters start 2 weeks in Central London

Nicky91 07-10-2019 07:33 AM

ffs Police leave them alone

they have the right to protest if they want to

arista 07-10-2019 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10691290)
ffs Police leave them alone

they have the right to protest if they want to

No Arrest them,
No Protesting in Roads

Ammi 07-10-2019 07:45 AM

...hmmmm, I’m a bit conflicted about the present proposed two week protests.../...just because it’s important that their voices are heard when they are protesting ..I mean, to be listened to is about the timing of as well..and atm, all ears are really focused on Brexit and how the country will Brexit and how it will impact on the border issue etc...for me, these protests are not well timed for their own importance...

Nicky91 07-10-2019 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10691295)
...hmmmm, I’m a bit conflicted about the present proposed two week protests.../...just because it’s important that their voices are heard when they are protesting ..I mean, to be listened to is about the timing of as well..and atm, all ears are really focused on Brexit and how the country will Brexit and how it will impact on the border issue etc...for me, these protests are not well timed for their own importance...

yeah because everyone in britain only cares about Brexit, their own selfish desires :bored:

arista 07-10-2019 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10691295)

Yes they are Demanding
a Citizen Assembly Now,
which can not happen without Parliament.

They were on SkyNewsHD Ridge
yesterday.
One Spokeperson Sarah Lunnon
said look at Bahamas -they have Gone?

But that's not True
they are now at this time Rebuilding in the Bahamas

arista 07-10-2019 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10691297)
yeah because everyone in britain only cares about Brexit, their own selfish desires :bored:

No they are aware it has a date
and keeps getting Extended?

Ammi 07-10-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10691297)

...yeah we do care about peace treaties and economy and trading, which will impact livelihoods, Nicky...that’s not any definition of ‘selfish’ at all, to be concerned ...and with how imminent it is, for that to be a focus of the entire nation, which will detract from the message that Extension Rebellion are trying to convey...timing is also a thing, not just a message content...but when it’s delivered...

Alf 07-10-2019 08:39 AM

They're just an upper middle class death cult. An irrational, regressive eco-sect that wants to impose severe austerity on humankind. If you see them this week, give them a piece of your mind.

Brendan O'Neill

parmnion 07-10-2019 09:01 AM

I am driving into the middle of this shambles today..I have my deodorant can to spray at them if they block my route.

Cherie 07-10-2019 09:05 AM

They are losing public support, their timing is really off with this one, as well as that they are planning two weeks of protests so anyone self employed and having to get around the city is going to be short come the end of the month

arista 07-10-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10691329)
I am driving into the middle of this shambles today..I have my deodorant can to spray at them if they block my route.

Yes they need that
soom of them were in Marble Arch Smelly Tents
last night.

parmnion 07-10-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10691332)
They are losing public support, their timing is really off with this one, as well as that they are planning two weeks of protests so anyone self employed and having to get around the city is going to be short come the end of the month

They will see that written all over my face if the peer in my van.

arista 07-10-2019 09:17 AM

Oliver_W 07-10-2019 11:07 AM

Instead of blocking the road to a hospital, why not try targeting things which actually align with their cause?

Stop the building of the ghastly chav estates which are popping up all over the countryside. Blockade particularly polluting factories. Clean up their local beaches. That kind of thing.

Kizzy 07-10-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10691393)
Instead of blocking the road to a hospital, why not try targeting things which actually align with their cause?

Stop the building of the ghastly chav estates which are popping up all over the countryside. Blockade particularly polluting factories. Clean up their local beaches. That kind of thing.

I don't agree with your pathetically snobbish 'ghastly chav estates' as a target for protest, they could go to Preston new road with the anti frackers ... Now THERE'S a cause worth supporting to stop those popping up where housing could be.

But this is about impact, nobody cares that much about Preston, probably because its full of ghastly chav estates, whereas the media hones in on anything in the capital.

Oliver_W 07-10-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10691404)
they could go to Preston new road with the anti frackers ... Now THERE'S a cause worth supporting to stop those popping up where housing could be.

How could I forget about fracking?! Yeah, target those sites too.

Tom4784 07-10-2019 12:03 PM

I can't blame them, we're standing on a precipice and we're approaching a point of no return which we're happily approaching because we live in an age where people do nothing but bury their heads in the sand when it'll be their children that suffer for it.

Kizzy 07-10-2019 12:33 PM

To be fair it's always been like that, I was watching a youtube vid of a little girl of 12-13 in 1992..it could have been Greta today. Her name was Severn Suzuki.

Cherie 07-10-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10691443)
To be fair it's always been like that, I was watching a youtube vid of a little girl of 12-13 in 1992..it could have been Greta today. Her name was Severn Suzuki.

Consumerism is to blame

We buy way more than we can ever recycle, that is where we need to start

Kizzy 07-10-2019 12:50 PM

Packaging plays a role I expect if that's what you mean, we can only eat or drink so much in a day.
Throwaway fashion is a biggie yep and families running now 2 sometimes 3 cars instead of 1 ... things have changed a lot since 92 and if they were struggling then... :/
No wonder that girl snatched that disposable cup from boris, we are all adding to the problem while acknowledging it exists.

Nicky91 07-10-2019 12:54 PM

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2019/1...-in-amsterdam/

also few arrested here in amsterdam

stupid police :mad: :mad:

arista 07-10-2019 01:46 PM

Get your Stinking Tents Off Our Roads

Twosugars 07-10-2019 01:51 PM

Best talk to them . They are not going away. This year has seen the birth of mass climate protest

Nicky91 07-10-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10691507)

Get your Stinking Tents Off Our Roads

it's also their roads ;)

and you gotta protest somewhere where you can draw most attention for your cause