ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Is anyone watching Bulgaria vs England? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361993)

Dogeatdog 14-10-2019 07:35 PM

Is anyone watching Bulgaria vs England?

The game has been stopped twice because of racist chants. Such awful behaviour.

AnnieK 14-10-2019 07:38 PM

Disgusting behaviour from the Bulgarian fans....hope its abandoned and they are banned

Dogeatdog 14-10-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10695460)
Disgusting behaviour from the Bulgarian fans....hope its abandoned and they are banned

Honestly feel for Sterling, Rashford and others. To have to stand there and listen to that abuse must feel awful. Such a disgrace and it’s a shame for Bulgarian fans who are there to support their team and love for the game.

Denver 14-10-2019 07:45 PM

What do UEFA expect in this countries? They should either play games somewhere neutral or behind closed doors

Jake. 14-10-2019 07:50 PM

I am and yeah, it’s disgraceful. Some people have no shame.

AnnieK 14-10-2019 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan (Post 10695464)
What do UEFA expect in this countries? They should either play games somewhere neutral or behind closed doors

I think if they cant control their fans, they should be banned from the tournaments in all honesty....its disgraceful in 2019 that this is still going on

michael21 14-10-2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10695471)
I think if they cant control their fans, they should be banned from the tournaments in all honesty....its disgraceful in 2019 that this is still going on

There lost 6-0 at there home to England :laugh:

Twosugars 14-10-2019 10:07 PM

Fooking racists

MTVN 14-10-2019 10:44 PM

Very proud of our team and country tonight

Cherie 15-10-2019 06:05 AM

Horrendous to see Nazi salutes and monkey chants in this day and age, all clad in black as well, so pretty organised, great to see the offenders having to leave the stadium and the match being halted, that is the way to go with these idiots, pleased for the normal fans that they were able to finish the game with no further issues

bitontheslide 15-10-2019 09:30 AM

i think if fans behave like that they should automatically forfeit the game and be expelled from the tournament for 4 years. That would soon sort the problem out

Elliot 15-10-2019 10:10 AM

Saw it pop up on my news feed so I tuned in to watch it live. Despicable.

Niamh. 15-10-2019 10:13 AM

What a disgrace

Dogeatdog 15-10-2019 11:44 AM

“I did not hear the chanting... the unacceptable behaviour was from England fans': Bulgaria manager Krasimir Balakov issues staggering denial over racist taunting during Euro 2020 qualifier”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...-taunting.html

So I saw this article in the Daily Mail and I’m actually myth’d by the words coming out this guys mouth. I don’t understand how he can be ignorant enough to say he didn’t here anything. Literally everytime Sterling had the ball you could here them chanting racist abuse.

Even one of the Bulgarian players went over to the fans at half time and pleaded them to stop so how Balakov has the nerve to sit there and deny this is just absurd.

Niamh. 15-10-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Evil (Post 10695722)
“I did not hear the chanting... the unacceptable behaviour was from England fans': Bulgaria manager Krasimir Balakov issues staggering denial over racist taunting during Euro 2020 qualifier”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...-taunting.html

So I saw this article in the Daily Mail and I’m actually myth’d by the words coming out this guys mouth. I don’t understand how he can be ignorant enough to say he didn’t here anything. Literally everytime Sterling had the ball you could here them chanting racist abuse.

Even one of the Bulgarian players went over to the fans at half time and pleaded them to stop so how Balakov has the nerve to sit there and deny this is just absurd.

Well if the manager has that kind of an attitude it's no wonder the "fans" are the way they are

Dogeatdog 15-10-2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10695723)
Well if the manager has that kind of an attitude it's no wonder the "fans" are the way they are

He should be sacked I think. I can’t believe he has that attitude towards what happened yesterday. It will be interesting to see how UEFA handles this.

Nicky91 15-10-2019 11:52 AM

Balakov ain't a Stoichkov by far :idc:

Israel got banned from AFC because of their fans their racist chants towards Palestine, Jordan there, and that is where UEFA signed them in as a member

just saying, racist chants already got one country expelled at a football federation

but i think Bulgaria needs a point deduction, for now and the few more qualifying seasons, and if it continues then a ban

Livia 15-10-2019 12:55 PM

Everyone was expecting it from Bulgaria, but it was still bloody uncomfortable to watch. I really felt for our players. No one should have to put up with that.

Mystic Mock 15-10-2019 01:27 PM

I kind of expected the monkey chants (as it's a very obvious tactic for these simple minded people that think this way) but I didn't expect Nazi salutes to go on throughout the game, tbh those “fans” should be arrested and Bulgaria docked points for the World Cup qualifiers which I think starts in 2021.

I mean it weren't just one fan doing it here as well, there were a good 50 people being extremely hostile towards our players, and it's not a first time offence either for Bulgaria.

I obviously feel sorry for the England players that were getting abused, but I also feel sorry for the Bulgaria players and the fans of Bulgaria that didn't do the monkey chants or the Nazi salute, because now they're all gonna get tarred with the same brush in the Media.

Dogeatdog 15-10-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10695735)
Everyone was expecting it from Bulgaria, but it was still bloody uncomfortable to watch. I really felt for our players. No one should have to put up with that.

Indeed, there was previous racist abuse from Bulgaria during the matches against Kosovo and Czech Republic back in June. I’m just curious as to how UEFA will handle this? Maybe Bulgaria playing there remaining fixtures behind closed doors to prevent this from reoccurring?

Niamh. 15-10-2019 01:30 PM

Still, chin up 6-0 was the best way to answer them back, eh?

Dogeatdog 15-10-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10695750)
Still, chin up 6-0 was the best way to answer them back, eh?

Oh yes definitely and much respect to the players for choosing to carry on with the game.

rusticgal 15-10-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Evil (Post 10695749)
Indeed, there was previous racist abuse from Bulgaria during the matches against Kosovo and Czech Republic back in June. I’m just curious as to how UEFA will handle this? Maybe Bulgaria playing there remaining fixtures behind closed doors to prevent this from reoccurring?

Trouble is...the opposing team get punished as well by not having their supporters.