ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The Grenfell inquiry..phase one 1000 page document released to victims families. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362292)

parmnion 29-10-2019 10:53 AM

The Grenfell inquiry..phase one 1000 page document released to victims families.

But they had to sign a non disclosure before they were allowed the documents..

Cherie 29-10-2019 11:31 AM

Blame being put on the firefighters with regard to the stay put policy

The conclusion of the report: More lives could have been saved if the Tower had been evacuated sooner

The correct conclusion

All lives would have been saved if the illegal cladding wasn't on the building

Cherie 29-10-2019 11:37 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartandhp

:bored:

he London fire brigade’s readiness for the Grenfell Tower fire was “gravely inadequate” and fewer people would have died if it had been better prepared, a long-awaited public inquiry report into the disaster that killed 72 people has concluded.
The report into the biggest single loss of life in London since the second world war also ruled that the building had been refurbished in breach of safety regulations and that contrary to the evidence so far of the cladding panel manufacturer, Arconic, “the principal reason why the flames spread so rapidly up the building” was its aluminium composite panels and the “melting and dripping of burning polyethylene”.

why would they be prepared for illegal cladding?

arista 29-10-2019 11:44 AM

Yes the Lady Fire Chief
is standing down

She should have told them all to leave

parmnion 29-10-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10703259)

The conclusion of the report: More lives could have been saved if the Tower had been evacuated sooner

The correct conclusion

That is phase 2 of the report...phase 1 was only about the events on the night.

Which are not looking good for the London fire brigade.

Cherie 29-10-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10703264)
That is phase 2 of the report...phase 1 was only about the events on the night.

Which are not looking good for the London fire brigade.

If you have ever had anything done to your house vis a vis an extension or such like, building regs are so tight around firedoors, fireproof this, fireproof that, smoke detectors on all levels that have to be linked into the wiring system and backed up with a battery, in all seriousness how on earth would they have known the cladding would be flammable?

yes maybe they should have evacuated earlier but their policy is to stay put due to the building construction....and I assume like everyone else they would have assumed cladding was to a legal requirement

its not down to the fire brigade that the smoke detectors, were not working and that there was only one way out.... all of which the residents had highlighted with the management company for years previously

The Slim Reaper 29-10-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10703274)
If you have ever had anything done to your house vis a vis an extension or such like, building regs are so tight around firedoors, fireproof this, fireproof that, smoke detectors on all levels that have to be linked into the wiring system and backed up with a battery, in all seriousness how on earth would they have known the cladding would be flammable?

yes maybe they should have evacuated earlier but their policy is to stay put due to the building construction....and I assume like everyone else they would have assumed cladding was to a legal requirement

its not down to the fire brigade that the smoke detectors, were not working and that there was only one way out.... all of which the residents had highlighted with the management company for years previously

The Slim Reaper 29-10-2019 01:07 PM

Niamh. 29-10-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10703259)

The correct conclusion

In a nutshell, disgraceful how they're trying to blame the fire service who were no doubt only following procedure for a building that should have been up to standard

The Slim Reaper 29-10-2019 01:31 PM

Toy Soldier 29-10-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10703308)

Confused about the content of that tweet. The tweet says that the council asked the assessor to bury the report... the linked article says that the assessor advised the council that they could bury the report.

"Mr Stokes advised the organisation that they did not have to disclose safety risks and risk being obliged to deploy expensive “additional fire safety measures”, the Mail on Sunday reported."

The Slim Reaper 29-10-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10703310)
Confused about the content of that tweet. The tweet says that the council asked the assessor to bury the report... the linked article says that the assessor advised the council that they could bury the report.

"Mr Stokes advised the organisation that they did not have to disclose safety risks and risk being obliged to deploy expensive “additional fire safety measures”, the Mail on Sunday reported."

I posted it for the article not the tweet, so I'd take the info from there.

Cherie 30-10-2019 08:48 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp

Firefighters have accused the Grenfell Tower public inquiry of injustice by focusing on the shortcomings of rank and file officers while failing to scrutinise those in power, including the prime minister, Boris Johnson, who oversaw firefighting in London for eight years as mayor.
Matt Wrack, the general secretary of the Fire Brigades Union, said on Tuesday that it was “unfair and unjust” that firefighters were being publicly scrutinised in the long-awaited report being published this week, while political leaders were not.
Johnson said on Tuesday night that the report revealed “the truth about what happened at Grenfell tower on 14 June 2017”, and would bring comfort “to those who suffered so much”.

Niamh. 30-10-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10703703)
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp

Firefighters have accused the Grenfell Tower public inquiry of injustice by focusing on the shortcomings of rank and file officers while failing to scrutinise those in power, including the prime minister, Boris Johnson, who oversaw firefighting in London for eight years as mayor.
Matt Wrack, the general secretary of the Fire Brigades Union, said on Tuesday that it was “unfair and unjust” that firefighters were being publicly scrutinised in the long-awaited report being published this week, while political leaders were not.
Johnson said on Tuesday night that the report revealed “the truth about what happened at Grenfell tower on 14 June 2017”, and would bring comfort “to those who suffered so much”.

I doubt that very much

bitontheslide 30-10-2019 08:59 AM

Seems like a very corrupt report to me. I am sure there are many lessons to be learned by the emergency services, but that's the extent of the responsibility. As the name suggests, it is a service that is utilised once an emergency has occurred. It would be the same as if the fire fighters were blamed for 9/11

The Slim Reaper 30-10-2019 12:05 PM

Liam- 30-10-2019 12:10 PM

Cold blooded bastards, the lot of them.

parmnion 30-10-2019 05:13 PM

I think it's unfair that the London fire brigade as a whole is coming under criticism, but the person in charge on the night obviously didn't understand fire...so how they got the job in the first place can only be put down to how they talk the talk..sadly, they couldn't walk the walk.

arista 30-10-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10703968)
I think it's unfair that the London fire brigade as a whole is coming under criticism, but the person in charge on the night obviously didn't understand fire...so how they got the job in the first place can only be put down to how they talk the talk..sadly, they couldn't walk the walk.

Yes Bang On Right
they were not in the Loop.
The 999 people were not updated
not in the loop

Kazanne 30-10-2019 07:42 PM

It's so unfair them blaming the Fire service when they were the ones that put their lives at risk,surely they should be targeting the council , lack of sprinklers , cheap cladding etc, the blame game will not bring anyone back but surely the people in charge of that building and it's upkeep should be culpable .

Kizzy 30-10-2019 08:42 PM

I have no words... it's like a month python sketch in its preposterousness.

Who in their right mind given what we know of the errors in the refurbishment of grenfell and the concern of the residents in the weeks leading up to the fire would blam the fire service?!

Everyone I've spoke to has said the same. ..cover up.

parmnion 30-10-2019 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10704108)
I have no words... it's like a month python sketch in its preposterousness.

Who in their right mind given what we know of the errors in the refurbishment of grenfell and the concern of the residents in the weeks leading up to the fire would blam the fire service?!

Everyone I've spoke to has said the same. ..cover up.

Almost all the survivors are blaming the fire service I'm afraid.

Twosugars 30-10-2019 10:10 PM

Stay put advice is counterintuitive tbf

Ammi 31-10-2019 06:25 AM

...the thing is...the survivors and their families are not blaming the Fire Service, though...they’re rightfully looking at fault/blame being apportioned where it needs to be ...which obviously looks at the ‘stay put’ instruction of the Fire Service as well...but there is also frustration because the cladding and design of the building is a huge blame/fault in this ...but it’s going to be quite some time before that report is put together...the two parts of this report should surely have come together as a complete, which would complete the blame/faults that the survivors feel and have expressed...I can’t see why it couldn’t have been done that way...but this way has a long, long time to settle in the public thoughts that the Fire Service are at fault, before the full context of the report is revealed...my heart breaks for those firefighters of how intentionally divisive this seems to be...

Brother Leon 31-10-2019 10:52 AM

Infuriating that the brave Men and Women who risked their lives that night are being thrown under the bus it seems. The people know the truth regardless. RBKC and The Tory party will forever have blood on their hands and they can try cover up their neglect whichever way they like, they can’t hide from the truth.