ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   RuPaul’s Drag Race (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=740)
-   -   RPDR UK Series 1 Episode 5 - Discussion (spoilers) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362340)

Saph 31-10-2019 08:05 PM

RPDR UK Series 1 Episode 5 - Discussion (spoilers)

online now

Morgan. 31-10-2019 08:06 PM

Totally forgot it was Thursday tbh. Will probs watch in bed tonight

Saph 31-10-2019 08:09 PM

post ep thoughts

Spoiler:

really good ep, I liked seeing Baga come into her own a but and not just be The Viviennes side kick.

the reading challenge was funny, although I dont know why Crystal won..?

Baga, Divina and Blu quite obviously did better in the group challenge. Vivienne didnt know the words and Crystal was just a mess flailing all over the place.

I feel like Vivienne needed a bottom 2 to bring her down a peg. Crystal deserved to go too, she wasn't really bringing much to the competition.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 31-10-2019 08:10 PM

I used to have that jolly roger t shirt

Saph 31-10-2019 08:11 PM

oh also I feel like Jade Thirwall was a bit underwhelming.. she seemed like she didnt wanna be there

compared to Geri who seemed to be having the time of her life at the panto

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 31-10-2019 08:11 PM

“I’m a singer, cheryl’s a choreographer, crystal’s ...... skinny”

Hggjhghh

Marsh. 31-10-2019 10:50 PM

Everyone's face when Cheryl was bleating on about girl groups whilst Crystal was sobbing. :skull:

Marsh. 31-10-2019 10:51 PM

Spoiler:

Crystal deserved to go overall, but am I the only one to think she actually did the better lip sync? :worry:

RileyH 31-10-2019 11:06 PM

Chez truly snapped this week :love:

Amy Jade 31-10-2019 11:11 PM

The hell was Vivienne wearing when they were reading?

Manky socks and jelly shoes? Rancid.

Amy Jade 31-10-2019 11:32 PM

Jade :flutter:

Amy Jade 31-10-2019 11:39 PM

Frock Destroyers were amazing!

Amy Jade 31-10-2019 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saph (Post 10704530)
oh also I feel like Jade Thirwall was a bit underwhelming.. she seemed like she didnt wanna be there

compared to Geri who seemed to be having the time of her life at the panto

I disagree, Jade had a comment for everyone and her comments to Baga was a scream, knew exactly what she meant by it too.

MB. 01-11-2019 12:41 AM

This and the car boot sale challenge have been the best episodes so far

The judging for this one reminded me of if the magic show challenge in season 11 had been done right

Ammi 01-11-2019 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10704618)
Spoiler:

Crystal deserved to go overall, but am I the only one to think she actually did the better lip sync? :worry:

Spoiler:

...Crystal was definitely lip syncing for her life, I think...but the Viv just didn’t seem to be putting her heart into it in the same way for much of the way through...I do think though, that she really stepped up toward the end and gave an amazing and Shantay she’ll stay finish to the performance...whereas Crystal had already given it her all..?..

Ammi 01-11-2019 04:08 AM

Spoiler:

...I loved that episode and those challenges...although, I didn’t find any of their readings very funny, though...:love:...I love the bond the queens have and I love their conversations...:love:...

...I still think that The Viv is potentially in a league of her own but hopefully, being in the lip sync has shaken her to realise this is not a one queen race..she has all of the talent, but she needs to want to win this as well and always give us the best she can be...she often seems as though she’s holding back, like she’s afraid of something ...and she’s not as confident and assured as it would seem...

Ammi 01-11-2019 04:15 AM

...it was heartbreaking when they were talking about bullying at school..:sad:..

Wizard. 01-11-2019 08:59 AM

I mean neither versions of the song had great lyrics but obviously the Frock Destroyers deserved to win as it was "much better", but I would've liked to have seen a Blu or Divina win and not a threeway.

Captain.Remy 01-11-2019 09:43 AM

Kind of an iconic episode, with the different confessionnals, the Frock Destroyers, the bullying talk......and Cheryl Hole going on about herself while Crystal was sobbing. The judging was fine too.
And of course “I’m a singer, Cheryl’s a choreographer, crystal’s...skinny”

lewis111 01-11-2019 09:47 AM

My fave episode so far, Baga really grew on me this episode and I'm pretty much a fan of everyone left bar Viv
The song itself was much better than the girl group challenges In the past. Frock Destroyers all looked amazing and had decent verses

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB. (Post 10704647)

The judging for this one reminded me of if the magic show challenge in season 11 had been done right

Yeah this is true, if a group as a whole clearly does better it should be a group win! ugh God that really was the worst judging from any drag race episode

Shaun 01-11-2019 08:46 PM

Watched it earlier.

I think Blu was a teeeeeeeny bit lucky to pick up a badge since she was pretty resoundingly outshone by Divina and Baga but I guess undeserved joint wins are the theme of Drag Race UK :love:

Loved the explanation of Section 28 and Divina's confessional was very moving; I feared she might get the cocky edit in the build up to the season but that seems pretty obviously going to two other queens :laugh:

I have seen the spoilers for who makes it to the final (I won't say how many queens lol) but not who wins, so I am intrigued to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Poor Cheryl getting another "low" placement by default even though she did better than Blu :( thought Divina should've been the overall winner based on her runway, too, it was excellent whereas Baga's was more "drunk aunt at a christening putting a bouquet in her hair".

Re: the lipsync, it was pretty neck and neck yeah. I wouldn't say Crystal won it, because her wig reveal was messy and lacklustre, whereas Viv brought an understated energy and kept focus throughout. But in the event of a tie, it obviously had to come down to form, because it wasn't a "double shantay" lipsync.

Shaun 01-11-2019 08:47 PM

Oh and the quality of the challenge was excellent overall, very good episode. MNEK is a darling and must be thanked for his input :love:

Case in point:

Ammi 02-11-2019 04:58 AM

...yeah MNEK seemed like a real sweetheart and a wonderful choice for the challenge...:lovedup:...

Saph 02-11-2019 12:57 PM

Hes so much better than Toderick

Saph 02-11-2019 01:01 PM

Crystals whole runway look just didnt do it for me this week, she looked like when the queens have to makeover a family member or something and the family member always looks rough and messy :skull:

the facekini looked really strange and the hat was like paper, those red shoes with the black corset thing during the song was a mess, and then to top it all off that ratty wig was atrocious and I have no idea why she did a reveal during the lipsync just to bring that out again..