ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   RuPaul’s Drag Race (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=740)
-   -   Drag Race UK: Series 1, Episode 8 (Finale! Spoilers - the winner's been announced!) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362909)

Shaun 21-11-2019 05:57 PM

Drag Race UK: Series 1, Episode 8 (Finale! Spoilers - the winner's been announced!)

Should be uploaded in less than an hour's time, so get excited people :ninja2:

Black Dagger 21-11-2019 06:00 PM

ITS DIVINA x

Saph 21-11-2019 06:02 PM

would love our Viv to win but its gonna be Divina I can just tell

Jigs 21-11-2019 06:02 PM

Viv HAS to win but I'm sure Divina will get the lovable Jinkx Monsoon edit despite not actually being that lovable hmmmmmT

RileyH 21-11-2019 06:04 PM

Rooting for Baga or Viv, I don't like Divina :worry:

Shaun 21-11-2019 06:06 PM

I'm not really sure which, of the two, they would want back for a future All Stars if such a thing were to transpire (I don't even know if they would just jump to the American edition, or create a British All Stars... it doesn't bear thinking about really :worry:). If American, Vivienne would be more polished and ready to compete I think.

Just wish people weren't so wrapped up in "the nicest one has to win!" editing. Because it's clearly a level playing field between the two, and Vivienne's been funnier and stood out in challenges more :shrug:

Saph 21-11-2019 06:06 PM

I feel like Divinas wins are never fully justified, like the first one she won should have been Crystals win tbh, the second one she got she was carried by Baga and Blu (lbh noone cared about Div in the frock destroyers) and last week she only won because they wanted Cheryl in the bottom and Vivs wasn't anything too special

Shaun 21-11-2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saph (Post 10717772)
I feel like Divinas wins are never fully justified, like the first one she one should have been Crystals win tbh, the second one she got she was carried by Baga and Blu (lbh noone cared about Div in the frock destroyers) and last week she only won because they wanted Cheryl in the bottom and Vivs wasn't anything too special

Errr, she was not carried by Blu :joker:

Episode by episode the winner should've been:
1 (Queen / Hometown look) - Sum Ting Wong
2 (Downton Draggy) - Baga or Divina (if judged individually)
3 (Drag on a Dime) - Divina (way more resourceful / cheaper materials than Crystal's)
4 (Snatch Game) - Vivienne (alone. by far.)
5 (Girl bands) - Baga (marginally better than Divina, although Divina had the best runway of the 3 girls)
6 (Adverts) - Vivienne
7 (Makeover) - Cheryl :joker:

Which would've had a final of all of them still being equal, on 2 each except for the tiebreaker of the Downton episode.

Shaun 21-11-2019 07:08 PM

The episode is here!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...es-1-episode-8

Cal. 21-11-2019 07:35 PM

Spoiler:

Ffs

Ammi 21-11-2019 07:42 PM

...all of their runways are just stunning..:lovedup:..

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 21-11-2019 07:43 PM

Viv talking to her younger self as though she can turn back time and erase the past is a mood

Ammi 21-11-2019 07:44 PM

Spoiler:

...I think this is the first we’ve learned a little of Baga’s story as well...

Ammi 21-11-2019 07:44 PM

...I love Baga..:love:..

RileyH 21-11-2019 07:46 PM

Spoiler:

elated with the result :love: Viv was my least fav the first couple of episodes but definitely became one of my faves towards the end <33 literally gasped when she won bc I was so certain it was going to Divina lmao

Saph 21-11-2019 07:46 PM

Spoiler:

omg im so happy with that result! I think editing made it a bit obvious towards the end showing Divina rolling her eyes etc to whatever the Vivienne was saying.

She really deserved that win and I know her WOW show will be very entertaining.

Beastie 21-11-2019 07:46 PM

So who won?

Saph 21-11-2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastie (Post 10717835)
So who won?

Spoiler:

Vivienne

Ammi 21-11-2019 07:50 PM

...seeing them all together again...makes you realise what a beautiful cast they were..:love:..

Saph 21-11-2019 07:53 PM

they were a great cast, I screamed at them managing to shade Vinegar one last time in that paper dress :skull:

Ammi 21-11-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saph (Post 10717839)
they were a great cast, I screamed at them managing to shade Vinegar one last time in that paper dress :skull:

..:laugh:..

Ammi 21-11-2019 08:02 PM

...George Michael/Wham for the final lip sync...:love:..

Ammi 21-11-2019 08:06 PM

Spoiler:

...it was so close between them, either would have been a stunning winner....the Viv/Divina, gorgeous ladies..:lovedup:..I did prefer The Viv’s lip synch..I’ve so loved this series and I wasn’t sure if I would...

Shaun 21-11-2019 08:32 PM

Spoiler:

As someone who has never watched Love Island before, let me first say... hello Curtis :flutter: and also Divina's dancer :flutter:

Didn't mind them as guest choreographers. I prefer people who know what they're talking about to, say, Alyssa Edwards just trying to steal the camera again :whistle:

Performance-wise...
Baga - bless her, she tried. The lyrics were just a bit...nothing there :( Wearing a completely different colour to the other two was a bit odd, too.
Divina - pretty bloody faultless :clap1: great vocals, great choreo.
Viv - redeemed herself from Break Up. Not as good as Divina but solid.

Runway-wise...
Baga - erm...it's nice?
Divina - love the dress. The hair and makeup...not so much.
Viv - top toot :clap1:

Baga basically just handing herself third place with that "why I should win" speech :/ I know British people are more humble and demure but jesus girl!
Vivienne calling herself humble :joker: :love:

The returning queens all look great...with the weird exception of Crystal :unsure: what the **** was she thinking? But this was a great moment and really encapsulated why I've loved this season: they're so supportive of each other and embarking on a new (Drag Race UK) journey together and started something brilliantly.

Baga's magnanimity was really sweet to hear. She has had iffy moments and obviously the pre-season hype with her being a Tory or whatever, obviously turned a lot of people off her and assumed she'd be a dickhead... but she's been pretty congenial throughout and a really sweet and kind person with the other queens. just not her mum

The final lipsync is pretty bloody close but I would JUST give Vivienne the edge for tweaking her nipples and the knee-slide :love:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS :clap1: they didn't cave to the fans :clap1:

Wizard. 21-11-2019 10:33 PM

Spoiler:

Well what a predictable winner. We all knew Viv would win since the cast announcement, with a bottom 2 thrown in to throw us off the scent. Granted she did win the lip sync, I though Divina would have a trick up her sleave but she failed there. Oh well I won’t be watching Viv’s YouTube series and I doubt many other people will either unless it features other queens.