ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Surprises for Christmas presents? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363103)

LeatherTrumpet 28-11-2019 02:58 PM

Surprises for Christmas presents?

I cant stand them :oh:

I much prefer to know exactly what I am getting with no deviation.

This takes all the stress out of opening presents, which can be an awful experience and it stops people buying you useless tat that you dont need.

Do you like surprises and if you do are you sure that you wont get a load of old sh*te?

:)

https://whyfiles.org/wp-content/uplo..._christmas.jpg

Tom4784 28-11-2019 03:01 PM

I usually tell people to buy me toiletries and sprays and such. If I want something, I tend to buy it myself so I'd rather other people buy me something that's useful.

Shaun 28-11-2019 03:19 PM

I try to get people something creative/unexpected because I enjoy those sorts of gifts the most. It's hard to get right, though... I'm quite awkward opening gifts but sometimes something will catch me off-guard and be something I really wanted and didn't expect (like when the COL lot bought me a vinyl player a few years ago).

I find going for personalised things is usually a safe route, though... and using humour/creativity too.

Jessica. 28-11-2019 03:30 PM

I love surprises, both giving and receiving! I know what I'm getting from my boyfriend (two pairs of shoes that I picked out) but he doesn't know what I got him and neither does anyone else we're spending Christmas with. We want them to realise how much thought we put in to find the present that suits them, kind of as a part of the present too!

Josy 28-11-2019 10:30 PM

I'm happy with whatever I'm given as the person giving has actually went out their way to think of me enough to buy me something.

LT you are one miserable get :hee:

LeatherTrumpet 28-11-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 10723200)
I'm happy with whatever I'm given as the person giving has actually went out their way to think of me enough to buy me something.

LT you are one miserable get :hee:

I don't want a grow your own gin kit

I want Cuban and a 21 year old Malt

Marsh. 28-11-2019 10:37 PM

What's stressful about opening a present?

parmnion 28-11-2019 10:37 PM

Mine are usually bottle shaped...it's just the type off drink that surprises me.

Bloody nephews even started wrapping a Stella up...I've frozen a **** and sent it up the road this year though. ..Haha. .have that ****.

LeatherTrumpet 28-11-2019 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10723220)
What's stressful about opening a present?

Everyone watching you waiting to see your reaction

Vile

Josy 28-11-2019 11:02 PM

Admittedly I don't enjoy opening gifts in front of the person that gave it

Jessica. 29-11-2019 05:18 AM

I'm thankful no matter what the present is so I don't find it stressful, I've never disliked a gift.

Ammi 29-11-2019 05:36 AM

...I love surprises more than anything else...:lovedup:...the giver is giving you a little bit of who they are, rather than buying from a list...it’s the whole spirit of Christmas and gift exchanging for me...

Mystic Mock 29-11-2019 07:13 AM

I'm normally open to any gift.:joker:

Admittedly I'm more careful when obviously choosing a gift to give to someone though as they might take a funny if I give them something that they don't want.

bitontheslide 29-11-2019 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10723233)
Everyone watching you waiting to see your reaction

Vile

i hate the whole concept of surprise gifts. However, kids getting surprises are great. If they don't like something, they literally toss it away :laugh:

Ammi 29-11-2019 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10722816)
I try to get people something creative/unexpected because I enjoy those sorts of gifts the most. It's hard to get right, though... I'm quite awkward opening gifts but sometimes something will catch me off-guard and be something I really wanted and didn't expect (like when the COL lot bought me a vinyl player a few years ago).

I find going for personalised things is usually a safe route, though... and using humour/creativity too.

...:lovedup:..

Cherie 29-11-2019 08:34 AM

I like thoughtful gifts, not gifts you know someone has run into Tesco at the last minute and bought out of a feeling of having to, I have pared right back who I buy for and have agreements with people that we don't buy for each other over the years, if I see something I know is perfect for someone or they will enjoy I will buy it but otherwise they get nada so I literally have about 5 people that I definitely buy for at Christmas, I buy Halloween stuff for the kids in the family as they get so much at Christmas and I am the only one who gives them Halloween stuff so I think they probably remember it and appreciate it more :smug: Surprise gifts are fine as long as it a nice surprise if the person wont use it, its a waste of money, time and think of the planet when you are buying all that tut :nono:

smudgie 29-11-2019 10:43 AM

I prefer to cover all angles.
Sort out lists first and then a couple of surprises.
I don’t mind refusing gifts...from people who should know better.:joker: