ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Trump throws wobbler at NATO summit (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363259)

The Slim Reaper 04-12-2019 02:27 PM

Trump throws wobbler at NATO summit

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9232496.html

Donald Trump has reacted furiously to footage of world leaders apparently making fun of him, calling Justin Trudeau “two-faced” then cancelling a press conference and cutting short his attendance at a Nato summit.

The US president was asked whether he had seen the clip in which his international counterparts appeared to joke about his explosive press conference with Emmanuel Macron, and his erratic diplomatic style, at Tuesday night’s Buckingham Palace reception.

“You just watched his team’s jaws drop to the floor!” Mr Trudeau apparently said of Mr Trump while speaking with Boris Johnson, Mr Macron and Princess Anne.

“Well, he’s two-faced,” Mr Trump said of the Canadian prime minister when questioned on Wednesday afternoon, and suggested the unguarded comments were based in frustration at US demands that Canada contribute more to Nato.

Speaking alongside Angela Merkel on Wednesday, Mr Trump added: ”Honestly, with Trudeau he’s a nice guy, I find him to be a very nice guy.

“But you know the truth is that I called him out on the fact that he’s not paying 2 per cent, and I guess he’s not very happy about it.”

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3f...:9,offset-y0.5

Mr Trump continued: “He’s not paying 2 per cent and he should be paying 2 per cent. It’s Canada, they have money and they should be paying 2 per cent, so I called him out on that and I’m sure he wasn’t happy about it but that’s the way it is.

“Look, I’m representing the US and he should be paying more than he’s paying, and he understands it.”

The Republican said that after a scheduled meeting with Danish leaders this afternoon he would “probably” return directly to Washington. Joking with a reporter, he said: “Will we discuss Greenland? What do you think? That’s a good one.”

Mr Trump later tweeted to say a planned meeting with Italy’s prime minister, Giuseppe Conte, would still take place after the Denmark pull-aside.

But he said he would not hold the press conference that had been scheduled for 3.30pm, saying he had now conducted enough of them.

Nonetheless, Nato had had a “tremendous” two days, with leaders pledging to contribute more money to the alliance, Mr Trump insisted. “There’s great spirit.”

The president and his wife, Melania, had previously been due to leave London at 5.05pm this afternoon, following the press conference.

In his own press conference, Mr Johnson dismissed suggestions that he and other leaders had been joking about Mr Trump as “complete nonsense”.

Responding to the question of whether he took the US president seriously, he said: “I don’t know where that’s come from.”

arista 04-12-2019 02:28 PM

This should be on My thread.

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=357425

No wobbler
Normal Trump

Tom4784 04-12-2019 02:29 PM

He's a 70+ year old child and it's pathetic.

Liam- 04-12-2019 02:30 PM

Snowflake

GiRTh 04-12-2019 02:32 PM

Finally getting the respect he deserves.

The Slim Reaper 04-12-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10726960)
This should be on My thread.

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=357425

No wobbler
Normal Trump

My thread is better. Can a good mod close Aristas thread and merge it with this one

Oliver_W 04-12-2019 02:33 PM

Eh, at something like NATO maybe the other world leaders could act a bit more professionally as well. Save laughing at him for private instead of sinking to his level.

arista 04-12-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10726964)
My thread is better. Can a good mod close Aristas thread and merge it with this one

This thread is part of My thread title
you did not need Another
thread

You need a Good merge

The Slim Reaper 04-12-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10726969)
you did not need Another
thread

You need a Good merge

That's what I said. Close yours and give it a good merge with this one.

Cherie 04-12-2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10726969)
you did not need Another
thread

You need a Good merge

:hehe:

GiRTh 04-12-2019 02:39 PM

Oliver_W 04-12-2019 02:41 PM

To be fair Trudeau is two-faced

Spoiler:

he has a white face and a blackface

The Slim Reaper 04-12-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 10726976)

Anne couldn't care less if she tried. :laugh:

GiRTh 04-12-2019 02:44 PM

Who can blame her.

The Slim Reaper 04-12-2019 02:46 PM

The princess Anne emoji: :shrug:

Niamh. 04-12-2019 03:19 PM

This Post on FB is funny because it's very true :

Rubberbandits
Just now ·

Isn't it mad how Trudeau, Macron and Johnson privately gossiping about trump is an embarrassing newsworthy scandal. Yet Trump could publicly call them all ****heads on twitter and no one would bat an eyelid?

Tom4784 04-12-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10726966)
Eh, at something like NATO maybe the other world leaders could act a bit more professionally as well. Save laughing at him for private instead of sinking to his level.

So, no criticism towards Trump flouncing like a child when he regurlarly insults pretty much everyone who disagrees with him and your only criticism is towards the world leader for having a very tame joke and you are saying that puts them on the same level as someone in charge of nukes with the temperment of a deranged teenager? I think not.

False equivalency does nothing for anyone.

Oliver_W 04-12-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10727008)
So, no criticism towards Trump flouncing like a child when he regurlarly insults pretty much everyone who disagrees with him and your only criticism is towards the world leader for having a very tame joke and you are saying that puts them on the same level as someone in charge of nukes with the temperment of a deranged teenager? I think not.

False equivalency does nothing for anyone.

Making fun of him is different to criticism. They can rip the **** out of him in private, but to openly laugh at him at NATO isn't especially professional.

And no, he shouldn't have stormed off in response.

Kazanne 04-12-2019 03:59 PM

There is no actual proof that the leaders were 'mocking' Trump but it makes good headlines for those who like to take the piss, the media have put their own spin and thoughts on this, and people lap it up because they don't like him, tut,tut, people will be saying next Princess Anne didn't want to be seen with the Trumps, when infact we don't know what was said.

LeatherTrumpet 04-12-2019 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10726977)
To be fair Trudeau is two-faced

Spoiler:

he has a white face and a blackface

:joker:

Marsh. 04-12-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10727043)
There is no actual proof that the leaders were 'mocking' Trump but it makes good headlines for those who like to take the piss, the media have put their own spin and thoughts on this, and people lap it up because they don't like him, tut,tut, people will be saying next Princess Anne didn't want to be seen with the Trumps, when infact we don't know what was said.

That would suggest Trump was wrong and flounced for nothing.

Impossible.