ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=590)
-   -   Andy on £140,000 a year can't understand why not everyone enjoys Christmas (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363262)

Gusto Brunt 04-12-2019 05:13 PM

Andy on £140,000 a year can't understand why not everyone enjoys Christmas

Many people in poverty

Many people in huge debt

Many people no family or friends

Many people sick or disabled, old and lonely.

Not that hard is it, Andy - to understand why Christmas isn't for everyone.:nono:

Pro Sniper 04-12-2019 06:08 PM

Looking at it from his own narrow, greedy, selfish POV. And this fool is odds-on to win this thing. He'll already be planning having a good Christmas laugh at those he fooled into making it happen.

Marsh. 04-12-2019 06:12 PM

Tbf, he didn't mean in that sense.

He meant people who just don't like Christmas/get into the Christmas spirit.

Not homeless, poor, dying who can't. Good grief, people pick on the slightest thing to score points. :idc:

King Gizzard 04-12-2019 06:34 PM

It kind of annoyed me a bit, but his intentions were good I think

Niamh. 04-12-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10727153)

Not homeless, poor, dying who can't. Good grief, people pick on the slightest thing to score points. :idc:

This.

Matthew. 04-12-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

[2]

Marsh. 04-12-2019 06:38 PM

It's like picking on someone who has had enough of someone's negative attitude by responding "Well, some people are dying so they can't be positive". Bugger off with your sh*tty comparisons.

Mystic Mock 04-12-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

I gathered that he probably meant it like this.

I doubt that anyone would fail to understand why someone who might be poor wouldn't enjoy Christmas.

Marsh. 04-12-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 10727193)
I gathered that he probably meant it like this.

I doubt that anyone would fail to understand why someone who might be poor wouldn't enjoy Christmas.

Although even then, that's assuming he meant enjoy Christmas in the material/commercial sense. As opposed to simply being jolly and enjoying the season.

rusticgal 04-12-2019 07:03 PM

I think he meant well....and just thought of the spirit of things. However not everyone has the luxury of a traditional Christmas...and I don’t mean to be sexist but it’s bloody hard work from a woman’s point of view..

parmnion 04-12-2019 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 10727206)
I think he meant well....and just thought of the spirit of things. However not everyone has the luxury of a traditional Christmas...and I don’t mean to be sexist but it’s bloody hard work from a woman’s point of view..

I can imagine, hiding the rage from all the **** presents you unwarap last and in front of everyone, as you wearily remember you've spent months putting the whole thing together must take some skill.

And I'm not trying to be funny.:nono:

rusticgal 04-12-2019 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10727225)
I can imagine, hiding the rage from all the **** presents you unwarap last and in front of everyone, as you wearily remember you've spent months putting the whole thing together must take some skill.

And I'm not trying to be funny.:nono:

I find it exhausting...my husband only has to think of what to get me :shrug:...although everything I do is appreciated, bringing everything together to make it perfect is hard work. However knowing that you have made it special makes it all worth it.. I just like to see everyone happy and having a good time.

Jake. 04-12-2019 09:58 PM

Wasn’t what he meant at all but sure

GoldHeart 04-12-2019 10:28 PM

Andy is so innocent & genuine, he's seeing Christmas from his perspective as he's thinking of the nice positive stuff . I don't understand the hate in this thread .

But we know Christmas can be stressful,some people don't get time off work . And some people just don't like Christmas full stop :shrug:.

AnnieK 04-12-2019 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt (Post 10727087)
Many people in poverty

Many people in huge debt

Many people no family or friends

Many people sick or disabled, old and lonely.

Not that hard is it, Andy - to understand why Christmas isn't for everyone.:nono:

Andy is from Salford......a massively deprived area, he will know all that, he will have seen it first hand.

Completely agree with marsh on this