ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   France on National Strike over Pension Reductions (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363284)

arista 05-12-2019 05:12 PM

France on National Strike over Pension Reductions

https://news.sky.com/story/france-to...egins-11878533

Macron
is in trouble over this move.

[Travellers heading to and from
France face five days of chaos
due to a general strike across the country.
French public sector workers
began the walkouts on
Thursday over French President
Emmanuel Macron's plans to
reform the nation's pension system.
Flights, trains and buses are being
hit by the biggest wave of industrial
action the country has faced for decades.]

LeatherTrumpet 05-12-2019 05:27 PM

When are they not on strike

:rolleyes:

The Slim Reaper 05-12-2019 05:30 PM

Just go in 6 days time.

Captain.Remy 05-12-2019 06:06 PM

lmao we're always on strike, so it's not like it's anything unusual to us.
Yellow vests, lawyers, students etc etc etc You name it, it's on strike.

Today almost no train or public transport worked in the whole country. I had to work from home and let it watch burn. I'm not even watching the news because this is ridiculous.
And I could not care less about the reform, it's not a bad one actually. Let them eat cake!

arista 05-12-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Remy (Post 10727919)
lmao we're always on strike, so it's not like it's anything unusual to us.
Yellow vests, lawyers, students etc etc etc You name it, it's on strike.

Today almost no train or public transport worked in the whole country. I had to work from home and let it watch burn. I'm not even watching the news because this is ridiculous.
And I could not care less about the reform, it's not a bad one actually. Let them eat cake!

Same thing in 1995 in France.

Nice to hear from you Capt. Remy Sir.

Kizzy 05-12-2019 09:28 PM

Good for them France is not a nation of appeasers! They fight for their rights, I wish to God we were more like them.

arista 06-12-2019 11:13 AM

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cp...6_thetimes.jpg

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cp...ncialtimes.jpg

France gets a Photo on two newspapers/

Meanwhile
Macron demands Pension Reform and Cuts.

arista 06-12-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10728078)
Good for them France is not a nation of appeasers! They fight for their rights, I wish to God we were more like them.

No Kizzy its not out way
France has more Angry Farmers
and more are now poor.

Kizzy 06-12-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10728514)
No Kizzy its not out way
France has more Angry Farmers
and more are now poor.

Yes arista...we have more poor everyone... The PM today said he would block strikes on public transport. So that's workers rights tampered with post brexit.

LeatherTrumpet 06-12-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10728518)
Yes arista...we have more poor everyone... The PM today said he would block strikes on public transport. So that's workers rights tampered with post brexit.

great news no one providing a public service should be allowed to strike

Kizzy 06-12-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10728521)
great news no one providing a public service should be allowed to strike

Bus and rail travel are not public services, they're owned and operated by private enterprise.

LeatherTrumpet 06-12-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10728569)
Bus and rail travel are not public services, they're owned and operated by private enterprise.

public transport

trains, busses

Cherie 06-12-2019 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10728569)

Its a bit more complicated than that, for instance in London

Is London transport in the public sector? ... Technically, Transport for London is a private company that's wholly owned by the government. It's responsible for enacting the mayor's transport strategy as a whole, across a number of different transportation modes

LeatherTrumpet 06-12-2019 11:58 AM

any company that knows as the public rely on it to get to work etc and strike based on that reason should be targetted

They strike for that cynical reason

its disgusting

Kizzy 06-12-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10728572)
Its a bit more complicated than that, for instance in London

Is London transport in the public sector? ... Technically, Transport for London is a private company that's wholly owned by the government. It's responsible for enacting the mayor's transport strategy as a whole, across a number of different transportation modes

It isnt 'owned by the government' ...it's owned by us! The PM works for us, it's not complicated.

Kizzy 06-12-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10728573)
any company that knows as the public rely on it to get to work etc and strike based on that reason should be targetted

They strike for that cynical reason

its disgusting

Nobody goes on strike for fun.. It's for safety, pay or conditions. That is perfectly legitimate no matter what sector you're in.

LeatherTrumpet 06-12-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10728602)
Nobody goes on strike for fun.. It's for safety, pay or conditions. That is perfectly legitimate no matter what sector you're in.

rather funny that its a certain type of job that keeps going on strike?

Kizzy 06-12-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10728571)
public transport

trains, busses

Public transport. .not public service there's a very big difference.

Public toilet...
Public library..
Anything that is for the public is called public :/

Kizzy 06-12-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10728612)
rather funny that its a certain type of job that keeps going on strike?

Not funny at all, if safety is compromised then it should be expected.. they have PUBLIC safety to think about.

LeatherTrumpet 06-12-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10728626)
Not funny at all, if safety is compromised then it should be expected.. they have PUBLIC safety to think about.

yes i believe they have stooped to trying that old trick thankfully that has been addressed by the rail company.

Cherie 06-12-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10728601)
It isnt 'owned by the government' ...it's owned by us! The PM works for us, it's not complicated.

just two posts up you said this

now the public own it....make your mind up!

Kizzy 06-12-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10728628)
yes i believe they have stooped to trying that old trick thankfully that has been addressed by the rail company.

Old trick? ... is that how you see this, how odd.
So they can compromise public safety, the public who pay extortionate ticket prices in some cases? All the while creaming off millions on profits. If that's ethical corprate practice to you that's fine.

LeatherTrumpet 06-12-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10728676)
Old trick? ... is that how you see this, how odd.
So they can compromise public safety, the public who pay extortionate ticket prices in some cases? All the while creaming off millions on profits. If that's ethical corprate practice to you that's fine.

Its business. When you sell and car i expect you try to get the best price you can and not an "ethical price".

when you buy things you try to get the best deal you can?

Kizzy 06-12-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10728642)
just two posts up you said this

now the public own it....make your mind up!

Obviously it depends who are striking, in the rest of the country we don't have publicly owned (not government owned) services.

In London should that still be the case then they should have the right to strike, they are not emergency public services it would endanger life for them to strike.
It would remove hard fought rights to prevent this action if the trade union called for it.

It shows a creeping autocracy taking the power from the workers and placing it in the hands of the govt. For me this smacks of wanting a nation of proles who have no option but to bend at will.

Kizzy 06-12-2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10728692)
Its business. When you sell and car i expect you try to get the best price you can and not an "ethical price".

when you buy things you try to get the best deal you can?

You can't run an economy on the cheap.