ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Black Christmas (2019) trailer (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363293)

LukeB 05-12-2019 09:14 PM

Black Christmas (2019) trailer

Tom4784 05-12-2019 09:33 PM

They remade it AGAIN?!

After watching the trailer, there's no point in watching the film, it shows way too much.

Amy Jade 05-12-2019 09:33 PM

Apparently it was filmed as an R rated movie (lots of blood and gore) but it's been totally edited down to a PG with no actual on screen deaths and minimal blood.

I won't bother.

Tony Montana 05-12-2019 09:34 PM

Looks really good tbh. The 2006 remake was awesome and will be hard to top though.

Amy Jade 05-12-2019 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10728094)
Looks really good tbh. The 2006 remake was awesome and will be hard to top though.

The original is the best but the 06 remake was kinda fun and had a great cast and good kills.

Tony Montana 05-12-2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 10728098)
The original is the best but the 06 remake was kinda fun and had a great cast and good kills.

I haven't seen the original film, only the remake which I loved. I re-watched it like a month ago and it still holds up really well. I'll watch the original film sometime this month.

JerseyWins 06-12-2019 02:41 AM

Black Christmas from 2006 was one of the worst movies I'd ever seen tbh. I don't remember it enough but I remember those were my thoughts. :laugh: This one looked good when I saw the trailer a while ago so I might've given it a chance anyway but if it's PG I'm passing :/

Cal. 06-12-2019 06:17 AM

I remember reading it’s about the sorority girls getting revenge on the killer? They might as well have made a completely new film if that’s the case.

Mystic Mock 06-12-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10728094)

I liked the 2006 Film too.

Although I have no other Black Christmas Films to put it up against as it's the only one that I've seen.

GoldHeart 07-12-2019 09:30 AM

When it advertised quickly on TV , I legit thought it was another sequel to 'Happy Death Day'

Amy Jade 07-12-2019 10:07 AM

You all need to watch the original Black Christmas, it's genuinely a fantastic movie with some fun characters and it's very creepy.

LukeB 07-12-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 10728092)
Apparently it was filmed as an R rated movie (lots of blood and gore) but it's been totally edited down to a PG with no actual on screen deaths and minimal blood.

I won't bother.

Yep, not going to bother watching it now.

Barry. 07-12-2019 10:32 AM

I might be seeing it if there's an afternoon showing.

Amy Jade 14-12-2019 07:42 PM

So I went to see it out of pure curiosity and wow

Spoiler:

It's NOTHING like the original or the remake from 2006. It's got next to no blood and it's not even really a slasher, it's basically a possession movie. So the main plot is the founder of the college the sorority belongs to was a sexist and viewed women as inferior and the bust of him leaks black ooze and infects people who then start killing women...just because. It's not really explained unless I zoned out. The cast is pretty good but you can tell the studio have messed with the movie soooooo much.

I'd give it a generous 3/10 sadly.

JerseyWins 14-12-2019 08:20 PM

Welp that's officially a skip from me when I already thought the 2006 one was horrible :laugh:

LukeB 14-12-2019 08:53 PM

Thanks for the review Amy! Going to save money and not bother with it

Amy Jade 14-12-2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyWins (Post 10734685)
Welp that's officially a skip from me when I already thought the 2006 one was horrible :laugh:

It's not horrific, it's well made and a lot of the cast are good but it's just meh, honestly felt like the feminism was so forced too.

Spoiler:

the man cult felt so underwritten I can't even explain, they literally give no good reason the entire male cast want the women dead apart from the black ooze, it'd been better had they just been a cult who wanted free thinking women to perish but they don't, they just attack at random it seems. idk it just felt like one of those cheap halloween movies they make for freeform.

Jason. 14-12-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 10734705)
It's not horrific, it's well made and a lot of the cast are good but it's just meh, honestly felt like the feminism was so forced too.

I got that impression when I first read what the film was about and it put me off. It just screamed pandering to woke culture.

The whole 'this generation's women won't be helpless victims' tagline was so pretentious given it's a remake of a slasher film and the original had a storyline where the final girl planned on having an abortion regardless of her boyfriend being strongly against it and that was a film that came out in the 70s.

Tom4784 14-12-2019 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason. (Post 10734710)
I got that impression when I first read what the film was about and it put me off. It just screamed pandering to woke culture.

The whole 'this generation's women won't be helpless victims' tagline was so pretentious given it's a remake of a slasher film and the original had a storyline where the final girl planned on having an abortion regardless of her boyfriend being strongly against it and that was a film that came out in the 70s.

Yeah, it has strong 'feminism, but written by a man with only a basic understanding of what feminism is' vibes.

Barry. 20-12-2019 04:02 PM

So I saw it on Wednesday.

Spoiler:

I liked it but I agree with Any, it felt feminism but I liked a few of the characters, others were just there, mostly the men characters. The professor was obvious lol come on but Helena was a surprise, although I forgot about her to be fair. Jesse was underused and seeing as she's meant to be a main I expected more from her.

The deaths were a bit boring and no blood minus one bit. The twist with the liquid was fine and all but it lacked.

Overall I did like it but it was not better than the last two. 7/10.