ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Strictly Come Dancing (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Kelvin's popularity. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363509)

LukeB 13-12-2019 12:58 PM

Kelvin's popularity.

Before i start this thread i'm not slating Kelvin because i would be happy if he won and i like him.

Over these past 3 years the public loved the underdogs and the winners have all been the ones who had the progress journey but this year Kelvin is the favourite yet he hasn't had a progress journey the public love since he has been good every week. I'm sure he has some experience in dancing because of that Samba, he had less time than everyone else because he was an replacement and non-experience people are not that good the first week (i don't mind people with experience) the only one who probably had the progress journey in the final is Emma but she isn't the favourite. odd really:laugh:

Nicky91 13-12-2019 01:03 PM

Kelvin is more the ''smoke and mirrors favourite''

producers know if they pull off another Anton obvious favouritism it will backfire on them

so in secret emma and anton are the favourites

and Karim is the no hoper in the final, due to his ''2 dance offs''

emma also got the sympathy storyline against mean Judge Shirley from early weeks (which made people massively voting for her back then)

Denver 13-12-2019 01:05 PM

Stacey wasn't the favourite was she?

LukeB 13-12-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan (Post 10733575)
Stacey wasn't the favourite was she?

She and Joe was, it was between the two of them since the public kept going on about how both had the progress journey with no experience.

DrunkerThanMoses 13-12-2019 02:41 PM

I got a feeling anton and Emma might just win it. Don’t ask why... I mean the last few years people around me always get the right winner... and this year I am hearing many say they want to see anton finally win. Funny enough out of three kelvin doesn’t make an impression and all I hear is “oh he is favourite with the bookies but hope anton wins as he has been on the show so long and deserves to win”

LukeB 13-12-2019 04:01 PM

I really don't see Emma winning.

But that win would be epic though because i doubt anyone saw that coming at the start.

DrunkerThanMoses 13-12-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 10733781)
I really don't see Emma winning.

But that win would be epic though because i doubt anyone saw that coming at the start.

Really? I am sure there was a lot of anton might finally win when it was revealed he was being partnered with Emma as he usually gets the old ladies of comedy people so to actually get a serious contender

I still think kelvin will probably unfortunately win but I also wound not be surprised if anton did get that he has never won victory

Personally I hope there is a shock and karim and Amy win

LukeB 13-12-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkerThanMoses (Post 10733786)
Really? I am sure there was a lot of anton might finally win when it was revealed he was being partnered with Emma as he usually gets the old ladies of comedy people so to actually get a serious contender

I still think kelvin will probably unfortunately win but I also wound not be surprised if anton did get that he has never won victory

Personally I hope there is a shock and karim and Amy win

yeah :worry: maybe it's probably because i don't want to get my hopes up but i'm still shocked Emma and Anton even made it to the final without being in the bottom 2 especially after Will left. Maybe i'm underestimating their popularity but i still feel Kelvin has it in the bag.

UserSince2005 13-12-2019 05:26 PM

kelvin is just grotesque to look at, dancing or not.

Vanessa 13-12-2019 05:33 PM

Karim or Emma to win for me :hee:

GoldHeart 13-12-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 10733582)
She and Joe was, it was between the two of them since the public kept going on about how both had the progress journey with no experience.

I thought Joe would win last year

LukeB 13-12-2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10733963)
I thought Joe would win last year

Same but i did think Stacey had a shot because she was most likely popular with strictly's demographic. Joe had his fans but that wasn't enough.

Mystic Mock 14-12-2019 12:16 AM

Kelvin's just demographically more friendly to the audience that watches SCD than Karim, Faye, Ashley, Debbie, and Alexandra.

Also going by IAC's final two this year, Soap fans are clearly biased in their voting habits.:p

GoldHeart 14-12-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 10734132)
Kelvin's just demographically more friendly to the audience that watches SCD than Karim, Faye, Ashley, Debbie, and Alexandra.

Also going by IAC's final two this year, Soap fans are clearly biased in their voting habits.:p

yeah again soap stars dominating finals , no surprises there tbh. Oti has finally won though so i'm glad for both her and Kelvin:)

Twosugars 14-12-2019 10:42 PM

Kelvin was a good dancer, easy on the eye and modest. What's not to like? Plus Oti is a great pro, talented and very likeable. As a couple they had it all.

LukeB 14-12-2019 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10734756)
Kelvin was a good dancer, easy on the eye and modest. What's not to like? Plus Oti is a great pro, talented and very likeable. As a couple they had it all.

So did many couples but lost because others had the progress journey. Oti had a great partnership with Danny, it was strong but lost because Ore had no experience and had the progress journey the strictly fans love. I just found it a bit odd but i'm pleased with the result.

Daniel-X 14-12-2019 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10734756)

This, they were brilliant tonight and fully deserved their win. The best and most deserving winners since Abbey.