ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Big Brother 2023 - ITV2 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=741)
-   -   C4 have an “open mind” on BB revival (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363657)

Jodie. 18-12-2019 11:36 AM

C4 have an “open mind” on BB revival

https://deadline.com/2019/12/ian-kat...e4-1202808702/

Nothing major but it’s the best sign we’ve had in a LONG time x
Also I know the spokeswoman denied it but she’s just saying that so when it comes back there’s a shock value ok x

Jigs 18-12-2019 12:31 PM

Honestly they need a primetime C4 competition and strategy-based reality tv show tbh. I genuinely believe a Big Brother U.S. or The Challenge-esque type of reality show would do incredibly well over here.

Morgan. 18-12-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigs (Post 10737272)
Honestly they need a primetime C4 competition and strategy-based reality tv show tbh. I genuinely believe a Big Brother U.S. or The Challenge-esque type of reality show would do incredibly well over here.

BBUS would be nice but personally I think they should go with a Survivor reboot. Going back to BB this soon wouldn’t go down well it’s barely been off the screen.

Marsh. 18-12-2019 04:46 PM

Even if they entirely revamped it - Big Brother as a brand has a completely rubbished reputation in this country now.

They'd have to call it something else, like The Circle.

Marsh. 18-12-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBUK-Fan (Post 10737359)
The revamp can change the reputation

Not really. Its reputation is so bad nobody is gonna give it a chance little more than a year on.

It needs to disappear for at least 5.

LeatherTrumpet 18-12-2019 04:58 PM

Society has moved on, it's not coming back

Babayaro. 18-12-2019 05:28 PM

T* found frothing at the mouth?

Eddie. 19-12-2019 06:28 AM

People need to understand that no matter how much you change the format or whatever channel it is broadcasted on BBUK still wouldn't be as successful as it used to be. I bet lots of us on here love BB but it's just a tired format and needs resting. The general public are also tired of it and most have a negative perception on it.

That is why it needs a break of five years minimum whether you like it or not, it's not gonna work if it gets renewed so soon.

Marsh. 19-12-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBUK-Fan (Post 10737453)
Therefore it can repair its reputation.

What?

I said it's not gonna happen with only 12 months off the air.

T* 19-12-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babayaro. (Post 10737383)
T* found frothing at the mouth?

listen here you

Ant. 19-12-2019 07:15 PM

give me the forbidden Big Brother tbqh. It's worth it if it means I get to watch (male) chavs taken right off the street laze around in bed all day for 44 minutes a night all summer

Denver 19-12-2019 07:17 PM

Let it burn let it burn /Peggy Mitchell

Beastie 19-12-2019 10:34 PM

It will come back 2020. I don't want it like big brother USA. Just the usual big brother UK format. But change from a vote to evict to vote to save. We need live feed back. At least a number of hours of it anyway. And just ordinary people being housemates. Not scouting for folks who have shagged Katie Price..etc. There should be a shopping task and immunity from eviction task each week and a few tasks to do with the prize fund.

Epic. 20-12-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastie (Post 10738400)
It will come back 2020. I don't want it like big brother USA. Just the usual big brother UK format. But change from a vote to evict to vote to save. We need live feed back. At least a number of hours of it anyway. And just ordinary people being housemates. Not scouting for folks who have shagged Katie Price..etc. There should be a shopping task and immunity from eviction task each week and a few tasks to do with the prize fund.

By "It will come back 2020", do you mean as a prediction by you or that you know for certain?

Beastie 20-12-2019 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic. (Post 10738742)
By "It will come back 2020", do you mean as a prediction by you or that you know for certain?

Bit of both ;)

armand.kay 21-12-2019 12:42 AM

I honestly think putting the old season's of big brother on a streaming platform like Netflix is the best way of getting people to appreciate how good the show is/get people on social media talking about it. Then a year or two later they can start to think about rebooting it.

andybigbro 21-12-2019 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armand.kay (Post 10739182)
I honestly think putting the old season's of big brother on a streaming platform like Netflix is the best way of getting people to appreciate how good the show is/get people on social media talking about it. Then a year or two later they can start to think about rebooting it.

I like this idea and think it could work :clap1:

Tony Montana 21-12-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I agree with this. Great idea. :clap1:

BigBrudder 23-12-2019 05:23 PM

I agree with this streaming idea as well. Brilliant!

Also agree that when it does return, it should not be changed to the American format. Theyre doing that in Australia which makes me nervous. UK bb has always
been about the personalities and how they interact, the "social experiment", not strategy and competition. 5/Endemol tried to add more competitive elements in recent seasons with negative results The back to basics approach in the final season was something of a return to form.

Mystic Mock 24-12-2019 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10737363)
Not really. Its reputation is so bad nobody is gonna give it a chance little more than a year on.

It needs to disappear for at least 5.

Sadly I agree with this statement.

There are still too many people in the UK who still feel annoyed at how bad BB went, and even started to question it on a moral level which is the death of any TV Show as people like to feel like the people on the show are gonna be likeable, and this was getting questioned on Ch5's version of the show in nearly every series.

Basically the masses need to be open to BB coming back over here, which like Marsh has said would take about 5 years at the very least.

Nicky91 25-12-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

yes that could be nice :clap1:

Gstar 27-12-2019 11:43 PM

Quote:

This

kingston 29-12-2019 05:20 AM

Let's face it no amount of time is going to wipe away the years of garbage BB has put forward... So whether a revival is done in two, five, or ten years, the only way BB stands a chance, is by producing a quality program, and returning to the fundamental values that the show once held.