ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chat and Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Laptop Battery flashing orange-green, but i never use laptop on battery (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363991)

Nicky91 31-12-2019 08:45 AM

Laptop Battery flashing orange-green, but i never use laptop on battery

i Always have my laptop plugged in

people on computer help forums say you need to replace your battery but what if you never use your laptop on battery, but Always having it plugged in

but the orange-green light flashing is kinda annoying to me

any advice?

the battery power level stands at 98% (plugged in, does not recharge)

Denver 31-12-2019 09:01 AM

You have blown the battery

LeatherTrumpet 31-12-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10744285)
i Always have my laptop plugged in

people on computer help forums say you need to replace your battery but what if you never use your laptop on battery, but Always having it plugged in

but the orange-green light flashing is kinda annoying to me

any advice?

the battery power level stands at 98% (plugged in, does not recharge)

why not unplug the power and run it down to zero and recharge it to see if that will clear the error message?

Toy Soldier 31-12-2019 09:09 AM

The battery is probably dying which doesn't necessarily matter if you're always plugged in, though it will (when it totally dies) mean that, for example, you can't unplug and move rooms without restarting the laptop. If you don't mind being always plugged in and it's just the light that's bugging you... stick a bit of insulating tape over it? :think:.

LT is correct believe it or not though, you should try draining and then recharging the battery a few times to see if that helps, especially if it's an older laptop. Older laptop / phone batteries "liked" to be drained for battery health rather than constantly topped up at a power source. If it's less than a few years old that shouldn't matter though, charging tech has changed so that batteries don't "trickle charge" at 99-100% any more.

Nicky91 31-12-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10744294)
why not unplug the power and run it down to zero and recharge it to see if that will clear the error message?

there is no error message on the screen, battery icon ''98% charged, plugged in, for better performance rather than better battery''

my mom has same laptop, and same flashing orange light for 6, 7 months and laptop still works perfectly also keeps it plugged into main power rather than via battery

Toy Soldier 31-12-2019 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10744299)
there is no error message on the screen, battery icon ''98% charged, plugged in, for better performance rather than better battery''

my mom has same laptop, and same flashing orange light for 6, 7 months and laptop still works perfectly also keeps it plugged into main power rather than via battery

If you haven't had it unplugged recently (so it's still charging up), sitting at 98% whilst plugged in means your battery is constantly draining and recharging even when plugged into mains which will definitely shorten the life of the battery. Modern batteries should hit 100% and then automatically stop charging and run purely from mains.

Nicky91 31-12-2019 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10744302)
If you haven't had it unplugged recently (so it's still charging up), sitting at 98% whilst plugged in means your battery is constantly draining and recharging even when plugged into mains which will definitely shorten the life of the battery. Modern batteries should hit 100% and then automatically stop charging and run purely from mains.

i'm just gonna ignore it i guess

i mean my mom's laptop has same orange light flashing for about 10 months, a year now idk but quite a long time

LeatherTrumpet 31-12-2019 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10744307)
i'm just gonna ignore it i guess

i mean my mom's laptop has same orange light flashing for about 10 months, a year now idk but quite a long time

get a small blob of bluetac and stick it over the light and then it wont bother you

GoldHeart 31-12-2019 03:34 PM

I never leave my laptop plugged in as it will overcharge and blow the battery.

Every time it gets to 97% I unplug it , there's been the odd time I've let it get to 100%but I still unplug it . If my battery gets low I always get a notification and then plug it back in.

Nicky91 31-12-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10744599)
I never leave my laptop plugged in as it will overcharge and blow the battery.

Every time it gets to 97% I unplug it , there's been the odd time I've let it get to 100%but I still unplug it . If my battery gets low I always get a notification and then plug it back in.

i mean i never use laptop solely on battery, i just prefer laptops over normal computers because they take in less space in your room :laugh:

Mitchell 31-12-2019 03:50 PM

If you turn off all devices that have an internet connection for 3 months it should fix itself x

Shaun 31-12-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 10744615)
If you turn off all devices that have an internet connection for 3 months it should fix itself x

6 is probably safer

Mitchell 31-12-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10744618)
6 is probably safer

And he’ll be back in time to hate then love then hate then love then hate Nicola Adams on strictly?

arista 31-12-2019 04:52 PM

Good Nicky is getting sensible advice

parmnion 31-12-2019 05:01 PM

Have you switched it off for 30 seconds and switch it back on:shrug:

michael21 31-12-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10744653)
Good Nicky is getting sensible advice

Yes and on tibb of all places :laugh:

Nick just stick some black on gray tape over the flashing bit problem solve

Your welcome :cheer2:

parmnion 31-12-2019 05:32 PM

Michael making a late entry into post of the year..:joker:

Jessica. 31-12-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 10744615)

This will def work