ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Woman wakes up on flight as she’s being sexually assaulted... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364590)

Ammi 23-01-2020 01:47 PM

Woman wakes up on flight as she’s being sexually assaulted...

A woman says she woke up on a plane to find she was being sexually assaulted.

The 22-year-old was flying with Spirit Airlines from Atlanta to Detroit when she woke up shortly before landing to find a man allegedly touching her.

The student said she was sitting in a middle seat, next to a friend by the window, with the man allegedly responsible for the attack sitting in an aisle seat.

She said she went to sleep while leaning on her friend during the flight and woke up as the plane was preparing to land to find the man with his hand inside the back of her trousers.

The woman, who The Independent has chosen not to identify, told CNN she then jumped up and told the man: “Hey – you are going to stop touching me! Get off of me!”

She said she notified a member of cabin crew, who offered to move her to a different seat before landing. She said she refused because she did not want to leave her friend, requesting instead that the man be moved.

As the plane was near landing by that point, it is understood there was not enough time for either passenger to move.

On landing in Detroit, the woman filed a report with the police at Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport.

A Spirit Airlines spokesperson told CNN: “We take this claim seriously and are in direct contact with the guest. We thank our crew for their quick and professional assistance to address the situation.

“Our flight attendants onboard that flight learned of the alleged incident 18 minutes prior to landing when the guest pressed the call button and received immediate attention.

"Once she told the flight attendant who came to her seat, the flight attendant directed her to a different seat. The cabin crew wanted to move her, as opposed to him, because the move would have left him with an empty seat on one side and an aisle on the other.

“Law enforcement began its investigation immediately after the flight arrived.

“We are supporting law enforcement as they investigate. Questions about that investigation should be directed to them.”

A Detroit Metropolitan airport spokesperson said the FBI was handling the investigation. A FBI spokesperson said that because the investigation was ongoing, they were unable to provide any additional information.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a9296031.html

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/hey-going-...114127437.html

Niamh. 23-01-2020 01:50 PM

Ew what a creep

GoldHeart 23-01-2020 02:57 PM

Seriously WTF ! :shocked::conf: , on a plane full of people surely someone saw this creep touching her??. They can't of all been asleep or busy.

Also is there no CCTV on a plane or something??.

Niamh. 23-01-2020 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10761891)
Seriously WTF ! :shocked::conf: , on a plane full of people surely someone saw this creep touching her??. They can't of all been asleep or busy.

Also is there no CCTV on a plane or something??.

I just googled that and it says most planes have cameras outside the cockpit so the pilot can see outside the door (hijacking fears) but most wouldn't have them in the main cabin of the plane

also, how many people can actually see a person sitting in the middle seat of row in a plane, not very many I'd say

arista 23-01-2020 03:16 PM

Yes she needs a Small Taser

GoldHeart 23-01-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10761894)
I just googled that and it says most planes have cameras outside the cockpit so the pilot can see outside the door (hijacking fears) but most wouldn't have them in the main cabin of the plane

also, how many people can actually see a person sitting in the middle seat of row in a plane, not very many I'd say

It's just so bizarre and disturbing that you could be asleep on a plane full of people and still get groped by some weirdo :shocked: .

The nerve of someone to do that in public .
I still would of thought the cabin crew would of seen.

Ammi 23-01-2020 03:52 PM

...even when the cabin crew were informed, it was suggested by them that she move to a different seat if he was being troublesome...?...

Niamh. 23-01-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10761944)
...even when the cabin crew were informed, it was suggested by them that she move to a different seat if he was being troublesome...?...

I know, disgraceful. Wasn't it suggested that the black woman who was being racially abused by a guy last year, move too or did I imagine that?

GoldHeart 23-01-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10761944)

Apparently she didn't want to leave her friend, it's bad enough when some people book flights with their families & friends that their seats aren't together. So she probably thought she booked that seat so why should she move .

Marsh. 23-01-2020 03:58 PM

How dare she wear trousers right there infront of a predator! How DARE she sit next to him and be molested and then have the CHEEK to complain about HIM! :eek:

Ammi 23-01-2020 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10761946)
I know, disgraceful. Wasn't it suggested that the black woman who was being racially abused by a guy last year, move too or did I imagine that?

...from Wikipedia about the incident...

“Staff ultimately decided that he should remain in his seat rather than being removed from the plane, with Gayle being asked to move seats instead”

Ammi 23-01-2020 04:05 PM

..the article states that the airline staff didn’t seem to consider the incident worthy of reporting to the ground police...it was the female herself who reported it with thought of him possible assaulting someone in the future...

Jake. 23-01-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10761911)
Yes she needs a Small Taser

Or people need to stop assaulting other people

Ammi 23-01-2020 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10761949)
Apparently she didn't want to leave her friend, it's bad enough when some people book flights with their families & friends that their seats aren't together. So she probably thought she booked that seat so why should she move .

...’oh yes thank you, I’ll move seats and leave my friend sitting with the guy who just assaulted me...that’s perfect..’......hmmmmm, suggesting that she move seats while her friend was left was just nonsensical...

Ammi 23-01-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake. (Post 10761970)
Or people need to stop assaulting other people

....:love:...now there’s a concept, young sir...

bitontheslide 23-01-2020 04:18 PM

someone sitting next to a woman could easily be mistaken for being a partner. Unless he was doing something blatantly wrong, i don't think anyone would bat an eye

GoldHeart 23-01-2020 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10761971)
...’oh yes thank you, I’ll move seats and leave my friend sitting with the guy who just assaulted me...that’s perfect..’......hmmmmm, suggesting that she move seats while her friend was left was just nonsensical...

Exactly it's making her friend vulnerable aswell, plus she paid for that seat so why should she have to move.

Cherie 23-01-2020 04:37 PM

gross

Zizu 23-01-2020 06:34 PM

It’s just a pity Dillian Whyte’s brother wasn’t in the flight !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cherie 23-01-2020 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10761984)
Exactly it's making her friend vulnerable aswell, plus she paid for that seat so why should she have to move.

well tbf if no one witnessed the assault unfortunately it would be his word against hers, the crew could not come down hard on him with no evidence, so I guess moving her would take her out of the situation and there would be a seat between him and her friend, and they were about the land anyway. If they moved him with no witnesses to the assault, they could be sued.

GoldHeart 23-01-2020 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10762045)
well tbf if no one witnessed the assault unfortunately it would be his word against hers, the crew could not come down hard on him with no evidence, so I guess moving her would take her out of the situation and there would be a seat between him and her friend, and they were about the land anyway. If they moved him with no witnesses to the assault, they could be sued.

I know what you're saying but I wouldn't want to leave a friend near a potential predator :facepalm: .