ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB 1 - 5 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=549)
-   -   Dennis' behaviour towards Jodie (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367899)

Babayaro. 15-06-2020 09:27 PM

Dennis' behaviour towards Jodie

After watching tonight's 'classic' ep, what is everyone's thoughts on how Dennis was around Jodie?

I remember him being a strange character and a bit seedy, but never a full on creep :unsure:

I get that it was a different time back then, but I'm surprised he was never brought into the diary room for his actions. He 100% deserved a formal warning and by today's standard's he'd rightfully be sent packing.

parmnion 15-06-2020 09:29 PM

Creepy and overbearing, but she loved it.

Or seemed to pretend she did, which is also creepy, but more worrying than anything else.

Babayaro. 15-06-2020 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10863868)
Creepy and overbearing, but she loved it.

Or seemed to pretend she did, which is also creepy, but more worrying than anything else.

Obviously no one can speak for her, but I very much doubt she did. Whilst he was being all gropey and shit, her way of dealing with it would be to laugh along, just to get through the whole ordeal. You could tell by the drop in her face just how she felt about it.

parmnion 15-06-2020 09:33 PM

What do you take from it?

Different times 15 years ago? a lack of caring from c4 bb production and crew?

Babayaro. 15-06-2020 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10863876)
What do you take from it?

Different times 15 years ago? a lack of caring from c4 bb production and crew?

i'd usually use the 'different times' excuse but i dont think that should apply here because lets be real, any decent person would know that its no way to behave, whether its 2006 or 2016. But definitely a lack of care from the production's end, yeah.

parmnion 15-06-2020 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babayaro. (Post 10863872)
Obviously no one can speak for her, but I very much doubt she did. Whilst he was being all gropey and shit, her way of dealing with it would be to laugh along, just to get through the whole ordeal. You could tell by the drop in her face just how she felt about it.

Yes but she leant back on the kitchen counter and started to play with her hair to play along...she was shocked originally I think.. but then tried to live up to her image she thought she was. The one that would eat anything if it looked nice..

Her drop in the face was her not being able to pull it off due to her fake persona and her actual persona not being the same..

A damaged childhood would be my guess...on both sides.

parmnion 15-06-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babayaro. (Post 10863878)
i'd usually use the 'different times' excuse but i dont think that should apply here because lets be real, any decent person would know that its no way to behave, whether its 2006 or 2016. But definitely a lack of care from the production's end, yeah.

Perhaps no bouncers that night to usher an old lady up some stairs...:shrug:

Babayaro. 15-06-2020 09:39 PM

Apparently Dennis did have a terrible childhood, according to wikipedia lol. But anyway, that's irrelevant

parmnion 15-06-2020 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babayaro. (Post 10863881)
Apparently Dennis did have a terrible childhood, according to wikipedia lol. But anyway, that's irrelevant

In his world her actions were a come on maybe:shrug:

Sounded like it to me with what she said to him about eating anything that tasted nice...

But he was prowling all night though and not drinking so yeah, very creepy.

Strictly Jake 15-06-2020 09:52 PM

He was creepy with tracy in the gym at the start too

parmnion 15-06-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly Jake (Post 10863892)
He was creepy with tracy in the gym at the start too

Yet she was cut to the core when he left her alone..and it was her leading the conversation about his sexual conquests..

It was more creepy watching her waking Barrymore up to look at snow, than Dennis letting her know he was looking at her ass before they gently flirted.

Tony Montana 15-06-2020 09:59 PM

Producers probably left it alone because Jodie didn't say anything about it. Had she said something there when he was on top of her, they would've likely called him into the diary room. Still, from the expression on her face afterwards, they should've warned him. She looked so shocked and uncomfortable.

Denver 15-06-2020 10:02 PM

A true Basketball legend

Tony Montana 15-06-2020 10:07 PM

I'm watching the episode after and there's no mention about the incident from the night before. Even more bizarre is that it's nominations day and Jodie didn't nominate Dennis, whereas he nominated her. :skull:

parmnion 15-06-2020 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10863900)
Producers probably left it alone because Jodie didn't say anything about it. Had she said something there when he was on top of her, they would've likely called him into the diary room. Still, from the expression on her face afterwards, they should've warned him. She looked so shocked and uncomfortable.

It could have been cut at the time to make the big black guy look bad..she does have her arse perched just before he comes into view..she doesn't squeal or has ever mentioned it before...if she has i take it back..

We need the next 3 episodes please kind people who can post links easy. Xx

parmnion 15-06-2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10863907)
I'm watching the episode after and there's no mention about the incident from the night before. Even more bizarre is that it's nominations day and Jodie didn't nominate Dennis, whereas he nominated her. :skull:

Can you pm the link please tony...:wavey:

parmnion 15-06-2020 10:13 PM

Surely you cant go suffocating an obviously uncomfortable bloke with your false tits though, 4 or five times thinking you're hilariously funny as well.

Then think you can run away and complain about someone snuggling up to your perched bum.

joeysteele 15-06-2020 10:30 PM

Very creepy he was.

Tony Montana 15-06-2020 10:41 PM

Aside from Dennis, tonight's episode was really good. I might rewatch some CBB4 episodes.

rusticgal 16-06-2020 12:03 AM

Not seen tonight’s episode but funnily enough we have been watching The Last Dance based on Michael Jordan’s career with the Chicago Bulls. It’s very good. Dennis was a big part and episode 3 was based on his career. I remember him vaguely from CBB and just recall not liking him much. Pretty arrogant...and he came across that way back then during his time with The Bulls..just disappearing for days during season and the coach just accepted it with no repercussions. He did what he wanted...great player though.

Jigs 16-06-2020 12:20 AM

He was creepy but all she had to do was tell him to stop. He wasn't being coercive or anything and I noticed Jodie playing up to it at points too.

Epic. 16-06-2020 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10863907)

:laugh2:

Brother Leon 16-06-2020 12:38 AM

Dennis is Dennis. He’s always been “out there” to say the least. I think both parties were just having abit of fun, or be it a little cringe and weird.

Cal. 16-06-2020 01:36 AM

You can just tell Jodie was used to **** like that. She was drunk and barely reacted to either incidences. It’s so sad and Dennis serves creep. Rylan’s comment about it clearly being a different time just speaks volumes. I loved Jodie then and I love Jodie now. She deserved better but it looks to me like she got her happy ending. :love:

*mazedsalv** 16-06-2020 07:36 PM

Hate to break it to you guys, but yes it was uncomfortable to watch on tv, but have you guys gone out lately to clubs? People kept saying "this isn't acceptable now", but it happens quite a bit still in clubs now! Those that are saying times are different obviously haven't been out, lots of men and women act exactly like Dennis and Jodie did in that scene.

So it may not be in your face on TV on reality anymore, but it happens...

Actually, lets think back to CBB18 which only aired, when? 3 years back? Bear and Chloe, look at that stuff on there. Even Marco and Laura in BB17.

The thing that was more shocking was dennis grabbing Chantelle's arse.