ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Portugal - world's Covid highest & infection rate & Deaths per million rate (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373179)

arista 29-01-2021 02:31 PM

Portugal - world's Covid highest & infection rate & Deaths per million rate

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world...tl-hnk-vpx.cnn

Video from Lisbon, Portugal.

25% are UK Variant Covid-19

All Borders Now Closed

At Xmas to many mixed
and also at the Election.

CNN HD Live

Hope Jess is OK.

Samm 29-01-2021 02:47 PM

16,000 cases and 300 deaths a day? for a population of 10 million? that's crazy what would that be in comparison to us

bitontheslide 29-01-2021 03:32 PM

the uk variant is causing havoc everywhere it goes. People criticise our government, but this variant is ridiculously infectious. Portugal had it well under control last year

Nicky91 29-01-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10992522)
the uk variant is causing havoc everywhere it goes. People criticise our government, but this variant is ridiculously infectious. Portugal had it well under control last year

what can we do about it then?

hijaxers 29-01-2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10992523)
what can we do about it then?

Get vaccinated Nicky

arista 29-01-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10992522)

Yes they wanted UK Holiday
makers to keep their business going under .................

At the Election
people were too close.

Jessica. 29-01-2021 05:59 PM

The rate of it spreading is insane, we're in isolation right now because my bf's colleague at work tested positive after catching the virus from another person working there. The workplace provides N95 masks and there are handwashing stations and constant fresh air, but it's still spreading in an environment like that. Very scary, hoping there's an appointment available for a test tomorrow.

arista 29-01-2021 06:14 PM

Hang on in there Jess.
Thanks for posting.

arista 30-01-2021 05:51 AM

Live Debate on Times Radio DAB & Free on the internet
Discussion's with Germany for some Military help
is on going.
Portugal started their latest Lockdown on the 15th of Jan.

Nicky91 30-01-2021 08:43 AM

that is the not the fault of their government, Rebelo de Sousa has done decently with strict measures, but if people don't follow those rules anymore just bc they got tired of them, well not his problem

arista 30-01-2021 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10992760)
that is the not the fault of their government, Rebelo de Sousa has done decently with strict measures, but if people don't follow those rules anymore just bc they got tired of them, well not his problem

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...2017-07-17.png
It is
he should not have got UK Tourists
Flying in, some months back.

Also the Election
had loads of people closer together.

Jessica. 30-01-2021 01:22 PM

Lack of restrictions at Christmas ruined everything.

Cherie 30-01-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica. (Post 10992898)
Lack of restrictions at Christmas ruined everything.

Were there none at all?

Just had a look so no restrictions on the numbers who could meet up at Christmas ...gosh that was madness

Ammi 30-01-2021 01:46 PM

...have all of your guy’s family been okay, Jess...?...

Jessica. 30-01-2021 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10992915)
...have all of your guy’s family been okay, Jess...?...

Yes our own families have avoided catching it but a lot of people we know are infected, especially from my bf's place of work.

Ammi 31-01-2021 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica. (Post 10993056)
Yes our own families have avoided catching it but a lot of people we know are infected, especially from my bf's place of work.

...yeah, I do think that it’s become difficult now, not to know people close to us who have or have had the virus...which wasn’t so much the case with the first wave...I know that it’s difficult for you as well, being so far away from your own family, Jess... but it’s such a comfort and great thing that we have such technology that we can at least have video contact with our loved ones and that gives us a much needed lift to be able to ‘spend that little bit of time with them’....wishing you and both of your families, well, Jess....:hug:...

Jessica. 31-01-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10993142)
...yeah, I do think that it’s become difficult now, not to know people close to us who have or have had the virus...which wasn’t so much the case with the first wave...I know that it’s difficult for you as well, being so far away from your own family, Jess... but it’s such a comfort and great thing that we have such technology that we can at least have video contact with our loved ones and that gives us a much needed lift to be able to ‘spend that little bit of time with them’....wishing you and both of your families, well, Jess....:hug:...

Yeah, it's been almost two years since I've seen any of my own family members which is quite hard but you're right about it being a great time to be able to connect with them in other ways. Thank you! :love: