ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Its time to nationalise Utility companies (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378504)

Denver 28-10-2021 10:40 PM

Its time to nationalise Utility companies

Things like Gas, Electric, Water its crazy how fundamental things to the way of life in Britain are own by companies making profits of the misfortune and abusing the vulnerable with no sanctions or cpas or anything

arista 29-10-2021 12:23 AM

Yes but both Parties will not.

arista 29-10-2021 01:21 AM

ITV1HD Tonight Team
did a shocking Docu on the UK Water System.

So the Water Companies are the Emergency
as Raw untreated sewage is being pumped it rivers and the sea.
All the time - not just when its a storm
Because they do not have enough Chemicals

People are getting ill as E Coli is the deadly effect of this Water
Scandal

Wet wipes stay solid in the water.

No one is testing the waters
They are Private Companies, they do not do tests

Since these Pathetic MEGA rich
water companies are not treating the sewer water

They must Nationalise
There is no other way.

25mins Docu , last night
giving far more than the BBC reports.

joeysteele 29-10-2021 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 11107761)
Things like Gas, Electric, Water its crazy how fundamental things to the way of life in Britain are own by companies making profits of the misfortune and abusing the vulnerable with no sanctions or cpas or anything

Yes it is, I agree.
In fact looking back, and I wasn't even born, the privatisation of them was one of the biggest cons of the public as to what would happen as to costs, efficiency and investment.

bitontheslide 29-10-2021 07:34 AM

i am old enough to remember how bad the nationalised industries were prior to privatisation. We don't want to go back to that. The only way you have efficient industry is if they are accountable, and nationalised industries are not.

I don't think the current situation with the water companies is great, but we have healthy competition in the energy sector, and the consumer is the one that benefits there, in the same way as we benefit from the competition in telecomms

joeysteele 29-10-2021 09:52 AM

Actually the re nationalisation of energy particularly was one of the popular policies Corbyn presented.

I was surprised canvassing in 2017 at that.

I think at this point now, even moreso.

Those I talk to of family and neighbours who knew the times of public ownership.
Admit there were issues but overall costs were much lower.

A good neighbour of mine, now 78.
Stated she'd love all renationalised.
I was told, her bills for energy up to the 80s, constituted less than a tenth of her incoming funds.
Right now her energy costs are more like over a fifth of her incoming funds now.
That's just gas and electric.

Not including the ever rising too water billing.

I think the newer voters will feel nationalisation to be a better way.
As they start building their own home life and realise the costs.

Of the people I've asked on this, who witnessed the public ownership times.
Very few wouldn't now support going back to it.

Personally, especially at this time right now, I think Starmer will be foolish to dismiss outright a re nationalisation policy.
It's for me, one of THE stronger and better ones which Corbyn adopted.

Oliver_W 29-10-2021 12:21 PM

In theory I agree. But do we really think the government would run it well, and make good use of the money?

Liam- 29-10-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 11107886)
In theory I agree. But do we really think the government would run it well, and make good use of the money?

This current government? Absolutely not