ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   TV is terrible tonight. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389659)

Kate! 24-12-2023 07:15 PM

TV is terrible tonight.

Struggling to find anything good to watch.

What's your evening viewing?

Redway 24-12-2023 07:22 PM

Sundays and absolutely rubbish TV go hand-in-hand, unfortunately. Even when it’s Christmas Eve. There’s never anything on.

Kazanne 24-12-2023 07:23 PM

Watching the Royal Carol service, got to be part of Christmas for us .

GoldHeart 24-12-2023 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 11404501)

Same

bitontheslide 24-12-2023 08:09 PM

There is loads available to stream whether free or on subscription

Zizu 24-12-2023 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 11404501)

Same .. I love Adam Lambert but he and Beverly Knight just murdered some well know festive song .. they changed it up so much that it was unrecognisable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zizu 24-12-2023 08:50 PM

TV is terrible tonight.

Getting back to the Carol concert the organ seems ever so slightly out of sync with choir / singers ?!?!

So much so that I’ve had to switch over to the commoner’s Carol concert on BBC2 ..

Music and choir / singers are perfectly synced .

Thank the lawd !!

jones89 25-12-2023 12:43 AM

Right?!? Why was TV so much better when we had 4/5 channels??

Redway 25-12-2023 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jones89 (Post 11404537)

It really wasn’t.

Zizu 25-12-2023 03:46 AM

Quote:

That was all we knew at the time ..

Mystic Mock 25-12-2023 09:18 PM

Quote:

Weren't that the Soap Opera age though?

I personally think it was fine when it was Network vs Cable, I do think having the Streamers on top of the other two has split the talent pool up too much, it's why it's so rare to find a watchable Show in the late 2010's through to now, the Streamers are great for promoting foreign Shows, and in Netflix's case they're really good for adult Animation Shows.

However when it's coming to Live Action American Shows, there are only a handful of Shows from the Streamers that will stand the test of time imo, it also isn't helped by the fact that it takes the Streamers three years to do a second Season, as momentum is lost from a viewing perspective, and the writers have probably changed their vision for said Show by the time they've returned, thus creating a confused Show with a severe identity crisis.

Soldier Boy 30-12-2023 09:48 AM

Quote:

Because all of the ad revenue for the whole viewing public was split between just 2 or 3 channels. More money = better telly.

Theres so much choice now (plus streaming and Internet in general for entertainment) that everyone gets a smaller slice of the pie.

Its the same reason that having countless streaming services is actually a bad thing. You need the $$$ to pool in one place, somewhat, for better quality content to be made. Though you do need some competition also. It's a fine line.

Tl;dr - overall TV viewership is decreasing, and it's spread across more channels, means less money, means poorer content.

Gusto Brunt 30-12-2023 09:59 AM

I didn't watch anything on the telly this Christmas. All rubbish.

I downloaded Dr Who and Ghost Story For Christmas. I haven't watched them yet but I bet they're rubbish too.

I find modern TV depressing. But I have been watching old Department S and Jason King episodes which were fun and really good. And they're over 50 years old.

Both shows starred Peter Wyngarde.
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018...6265173580.jpg

Nicky91 30-12-2023 12:44 PM

everything on Disney for me :wavey:

apart from lets dance christmas special and strictly's christmas special

had quite a few first time watching sessions of newer christmas films as well :)

gonna watch Avatar Way of Water tomorrow evening :love: