ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Survivor (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=658)
-   -   Survivor or Big Brother - Which would you go on? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554)

James 28-04-2002 07:31 AM

Survivor or Big Brother - Which would you go on?

OK, so I know most people wouldn't apply for either in a million years but what if you were compelled to?

One has a prize of £1 million, the other £70,000. :dance:

In one you have to eat bugs and worms, the other drink cider.

One means camping out in the open, the other living in a fairly cozy house.

On Survivor you can hide from the cameras, on BB you can't (not even in the showers or toilet). :shocked:

BB means being judged by the viewers, Survivor means being judged by your fellow competitors.

I think I would probably choose Survivor. I don't think I could handle the experience of being filmed 24 hours a day and then being judged by the public.

:dance:

BigSister 28-04-2002 08:35 AM

I would hose Big Brother because on Survivor even though there is a million pouinds prize money I would prob dtruggle in the physical challanges as in Bb there are a lot of mental challanges. And also the public decide in BB as in survivor that the public will not choose until end

:elephant::elephant::elephant:

monie 28-04-2002 08:36 AM

If I was compelled to go on one of them It would have to be Surviror, although my fear of snakes and spiders would not be that helpfull, I would be vote of straight away, but it has to be better than being filmed in the loo:elephant::dance::elephant::dance:

Romantic Old Bird 28-04-2002 10:24 AM

It depends!

If Survivor was on Tonga, I'd give it a go, because by their traditional predelictions, I am a woman of perfect proportion. The locals would probably kidnap me into the hinterland and lavish gifts upon me.

Otherwise, Big Brother of course.

OK, the shower scenes wouldn't be pretty.

Sunbathing on the patio would probably result in Friends of the Earth trying to liberate me or refloat me in the jacuzzi.

The positives for the other housemates:

1. They would never risk losing much on the physical tasks, because having met me, they would only bet a minimal amount. The pressure would be off, and everyone would chill out.

2. I can cook

3. I am a woman of dazzling wit and repartee

4. I present no risk of spiriting anyone away from their girlfriends.

However, I have to admit, the perfect reality TV programme for me would have to be Big Fat Club.

As long as Paul Clarke was substituted for that Harvey bloke as my personal trainer.

'No, ROB, you do press-ups like this! What? Show you again? I could do, fair enough, but I tell you what, you're certainly game for a big old girl.

I like that.

The others went in hours ago, but you're always so keen. I mean, the way you let me demonstate all those wrestling holds on you!'

Mmm, as Paul would say, 'Interesting scenario!'

Sounds like a job for Channel 5!:hello::hello::spin2::elephant::spin2::hello::he llo:

WILDCHILD 29-04-2002 03:46 PM

I think I would go seriously ill if I went on Survivor.
Having to eat the stuff they eat like hard rice for a day and doing the assault courses with no energy - well, I would seriously die!!
Big Brother - you have a bed, normal food, cleaning facilitues!
Without a doubt, I would go to Big Brother!!
MONEY would be no object, well, maybe just a little!:laugh:

Stu xxx 29-04-2002 04:51 PM

I would love to go on Big Brother -I would love it x Bt it wuld ruin my career!

I wouldn't go on Survivor becuase you wouldn't catch me purposly going within 100 feet of any snake or huge spiders!
:thumbs:

kaphc 29-04-2002 06:16 PM

Hmmmm I think if I had to do one or the other, it would be Survivor ... because even if I were voted off 1st, I would still have had a great few days on a sunny (hopefully) island, whereas on Big Brother I would have to put up with at least 2 weeks even if I hated it!

:bouncy::bouncy:

Hmmmmm ....... I think it would be a tough choice to do either!

peachy 29-04-2002 06:22 PM

What a good question. Ok, well as the most unfit woman in the history of the world, Survivor would kill me, so that's completely out, for a start. As for Big Brother as has been said before 'the nation just isn't ready for the sight of my a*** on National TV', so I don't think I'll be applying. If I was forced at gunpoint to do one, it would have to be BB, but I would pretend to have a heart attack the first time they asked me to do something I hated and I'd be outta there. I couldn't bear the lack of privacy and everyone feeling they knew me when I came out, would send me insane. All in all I'd hate it and the nation would hate the snivelling whinger I'd become if I was ever to appear on it. Everyone who has done it deserves a medal, I think.

James 02-05-2002 06:25 PM

The main reason I wouldn't go on Big Brother is the amount of disrespect there is for BB contestants as a whole.

Arguably, only 2 from the last series out of 11 were really liked.

It makes you wonder what the new 12 are letting themselves in for.

:conf:

LEE 03-05-2002 03:29 PM

I know what you mean James, but I still think if I had to chose between the two it would definitely be Big Brother.

Survivor has never interested me particularly and I'm one of these people who, when they go on holiday, never like camping - I'm only happy staying somewhere civilised and indoors :laugh: Call me a wimp, I don't care. :spin2:

Also I have to admit that I can't swim so if this series of Survivor is anything to go by I'd never even be able to get to the island, let alone participate in some of the challenges.

One of those sun-loungers next to that new pool looks far more appealing to me. :hugesmile:

:flower:

Saph 27-02-2009 09:43 PM

big bro

Ross 27-02-2009 09:44 PM

SaphLiike I thought more of you :nono:

*mazedsalv** 27-02-2009 09:47 PM

BB, i will guarantee high ratings, :hugesmile:

But in all serious, BB because i couldnt deal in Survivor, its too extreme for me, the food and the whole concept would make me want to walk after a couple of days.

Dom:D 27-02-2009 09:51 PM

Big Brother:spin:

StuartBB2 27-02-2009 10:10 PM

Big brother 2 ... lol

Ninastar 27-02-2009 10:13 PM

I would love to go on BB so bb it is loll x

WATERS 27-02-2009 10:17 PM

Big Bluba

KKBL 27-02-2009 10:18 PM

Survivor definetly,it would be a life changing experience.BB would be great but at the end of the day when your in there its just like any normal day in your life.

Captain.Remy 28-02-2009 06:55 AM

These are my 2 favourites shows in the world and I want to apply to both.
Big Brother is something interesting to do, for yourself, as a human being. I want to do it for the experiment, I want to know what I am like locked in a house with strangers 24/7 with no contact with the outside world. I think I would discover a new side of me.

Survivor is one the most changing experience a reality TV show could bring; it's all about testing your limit and getting further and further. But it's also about being a game player and manipulating other people in order to win. The concept is fascinating, I watch it since 2001 and the American version since 2007 and I believe I could go far. Survivor is way harder than Big Brother which makes it more interesting to do.

I can't choose at the moment because I love both show. To sum up, what's exciting about BB is the tasks, the twists, the whole environment while Survivor brings it further and is all about changing your life.

Wildcat! 28-02-2009 07:54 AM

The fact is you cant compare the 2. Most people can do Big Brother Phisically. Survivor however, is a whole other ball game. Just this week Ive seen one ex marine in his 4s quit pretty much because he couldnt handle the physical aspect of the game. And you starve on survivor. Its not like BB were even when you get basic budget, you still get the main nutrients to feed you. On survisor sometimes they have to survive on 3 spoons of rice a day. They get so desperate, they eat termites voluntairily to give them some proteins. If you can survive it physically, its probably more rewarding to do survivor.

andyman 28-02-2009 08:34 AM

Big Brother... survivor looks tough man... But as a tv view then i want to watch both!

Wow! Old skool thread!!! Not many members left from 2002.

andyman 28-02-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by StuartBB2
Big brother 2 ... lol
C'mon now i know you mean Big Brother 3.. :thumbs2:

BTW i wanted Helen to win BB2 :mad:

arista 28-02-2009 08:55 AM

I would Go on Big Brother
and Break a Rule
by sneaking in a Mobile phone
in Special small bits , hidden so well it can get through airports.

Then assemble it
off camera, and Camera Phone SkyNews Live from the Endemol house.
And a Exclusive Newspaper.

Tom 28-02-2009 10:15 AM

Survivor was sh*t

Harry! 18-03-2009 06:31 PM

Big Brother defo.