ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   shyness (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74911)

NettoSuperstar! 12-11-2008 01:45 PM

shyness

Just thought this might be interestin to discuss. If you met me you wouldnt think it but Im actually quite shy, only my close friends would know this fact but now so do you.:xyxwave: I was terrible at school I had friends but I found it hard to speak in front of the class and what not it was excruciating. Nowadays I just blag it that Im supremely confident lol, it seems to work! Still cant do public speaking though without meds!

NettoSuperstar! 12-11-2008 01:46 PM

Oh and I hate going to places where theres noone I know!

Lauren 12-11-2008 01:46 PM

I used to be horrific. I wouldn't look anyone in the eye I didn't know, or couldn't keep eye contact even with people I did know. I was unsure of myself, and didn't dare speak out or speak up.
Being in a group with new people was my worst nightmare.

Now I'm the opposite. I like to meet new people and engage in conversation, and I can obviously keep eye contact now LOL. Obviously I don't just go up to strangers and speak to them (unless drunk, of course) - but I wouldn't class myself as shy these days, nor would my friends.

Sting 12-11-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NettoSuperstar!
Just thought this might be interestin to discuss. If you met me you wouldnt think it but Im actually quite shy, only my close friends would know this fact but now so do you.:xyxwave: I was terrible at school I had friends but I found it hard to speak in front of the class and what not it was excruciating. Nowadays I just blag it that Im supremely confident lol, it seems to work! Still cant do public speaking though without meds!
Your not alone,theres lots of people out there the same :thumbs: on the other hand find it easy to speak to people with confidence.I need to with me being an Entertainer,people have a way of seeing through you if you don't come across in the right way :bigsmile:

NettoSuperstar! 12-11-2008 01:50 PM

yeh I know, I like meeting people if I have something in common with them I can talk about but small talk with people I wouldnt noramlly mix with makes me cringe bad

Sting 12-11-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

yeh I know, I like meeting people if I have something in common with them I can talk about but small talk with people I wouldnt noramlly mix with makes me cringe bad
Your right :thumbs:

NettoSuperstar! 12-11-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sting
Quote:

Your not alone,theres lots of people out there the same :thumbs: on the other hand find it easy to speak to people with confidence.I need to with me being an Entertainer,people have a way of seeing through you if you don't come across in the right way :bigsmile:
your an entertainer are you?

Sting 12-11-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

your an entertainer are you?
yes I do a bit:thumbs2:

NettoSuperstar! 12-11-2008 01:54 PM

Have you been on the Ant and Dec show?

Sting 12-11-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Have you been on the Ant and Dec show?
No mate i'm a singer song writer and i play guitar and keyboard:hugesmile:Thats when i'm not out on my scooter which you can see pictured.

NettoSuperstar! 12-11-2008 01:55 PM

Oh good for you...what a cool lifestyle you lead

Sting 12-11-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Oh good for you...what a cool lifestyle you lead
Your only here once and i believe if you live your life being ok with the people you meet,and not hurt anyone, then theres no reason why it should'nt be good.:thumbs:

NettoSuperstar! 12-11-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Right

NettoSuperstar! 12-11-2008 02:01 PM

My life is quite dull in comparison lol

hannah. 12-11-2008 03:27 PM

I used to be really shy, and then from like year 10 I made more friends and now I'm really really confident haha.. i'll talk to anyone, and in my first communication&culture class at college everyone had to do a presentation about themselves and I was the only person who wasn't shaking haha.. I got an A :angel:

NettoSuperstar! 12-11-2008 03:29 PM

Yeh I think it gets better as you get older

hannah. 12-11-2008 03:33 PM

Yeah, I mean I was pretty unpopular until about year 10, and then I got some more confidence for no reason I can put my finger on, and therefore started talking to more people, and making more friends which upped my confidence more and that carried on in a circle really. It's so funny, everyone hated me in year 9 and by year 11 I was one of the plastics hahahaha

NettoSuperstar! 12-11-2008 03:35 PM

lol

NettoSuperstar! 12-11-2008 03:36 PM

I think you start to care less what people think as you get older aswell

Spike 12-11-2008 03:39 PM

I used to be so shy, I still am but not as much
I really don't know why and it holds me back still

NettoSuperstar! 12-11-2008 03:42 PM

some people just naturally are but I just pretend Im not and that helps if thats makes any sense! Im not that bad these days anyway

Tom 12-11-2008 03:51 PM

I'm not shy and never have been but it makes me sad knowing that some people aren't comfortable making eye contact with people or talking to certain people

pinkmichk 12-11-2008 04:28 PM

i can be really shy when i first meet people and hate going to parties etc where i only know one or two people but once i know people i am far from shy

hannah. 12-11-2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom
I'm not shy and never have been but it makes me sad knowing that some people aren't comfortable making eye contact with people or talking to certain people
haha you're such a girl

Tom 12-11-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hannah.
Quote:

Originally posted by Tom
haha you're such a girl
LOL

I'm not

I just don't like knowing people are uncomfortable when they shouldn't be