ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   On Africa trip, pope says condoms won't solve AIDS. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82206)

Captain.Remy 18-03-2009 05:23 PM

On Africa trip, pope says condoms won\'t solve AIDS.

"You can't resolve it with the distribution of condoms. On the contrary, it increases the problem. A responsible and moral attitude toward sex would help fight the disease."

Any thoughts ?

Fom 18-03-2009 05:49 PM

I really dislike the pope... a lot. Of course it will help! It isn't exactly promoting sex is it?!

Tom4784 18-03-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Captain.Remy
"You can't resolve it with the distribution of condoms. On the contrary, it increases the problem. A responsible and moral attitude toward sex would help fight the disease."

Any thoughts ?
He's a *****ing idiot. I like religion but it's an ideal not a fact so I don't know what makes him so qualified to say what can and cannot cure a disease.

arista 18-03-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Any thoughts ?

He is Wrong.

There was a Debate on Ch4 News Yesterday
with a Woman backing that Nutter Pope.

John Snow said he never had
so much rage in that studio.

And most important
There is No God.

Tom 18-03-2009 06:27 PM

He's right, it won't put an end to it

Sam! 18-03-2009 06:29 PM

I dunno if I agree or not. Cause like if theres more condoms it would mean that people think sex is now 100% safe and so have more of it, and they could still get Aids. Condoms not being 100% safe. I dunno though. It will help but won't solve it however it won't make it worse I don't think.

Tom4784 18-03-2009 06:32 PM

It wouldn't end it but it would certainly help a lot more in preventing it. It would have enough of an effect to justify the distribution.

arista 18-03-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sam!
I dunno if I agree or not. Cause like if theres more condoms it would mean that people think sex is now 100% safe and so have more of it, and they could still get Aids. Condoms not being 100% safe. I dunno though. It will help but won't solve it however it won't make it worse I don't think.

You can not sit on the Fence.

This Pope is a Nutter.

NettoSuperstar! 19-03-2009 02:44 PM

This pope is a tw@t

letmein 19-03-2009 03:52 PM

The Catholic Church is anti-sex, and sees condoms as abortion. Condoms are outlawed in the church's teaching. You are not allowed to use them.

They've sought to have condoms outlawed in Africa. Their missionaries are insane!

This idiot just said that the washing machine was more liberating to women than the pill.

I can't believe anyone is trying to justify or even put an ounce of thought into what he is saying. You do realize that the church is a dangerous cult, that hates women, gays, and is the same as a Mafia.

It's the same as Scientology but with more power.

The entire Catholic Church should be shut down!

Spike 19-03-2009 04:18 PM

I hate the pope, I disagree with his views on a lot of issues

Mark 19-03-2009 04:51 PM

Doesn't suprise me that this idiot would say something like this.

I think it's part of the job requirement to be clueless, uninformed and a liar. This statement is almost as ridiculous as Pope Pius XII in 1950. Nothing is written in scripture about Mary's death, and it was an open hole in religion to what happened to her. After realising this, and seeing millions of people questioning it, one day soon after Pius got a 'message from god' telling him Mary was transported into heaven with her body and soul united, and that is where she is now. He then came out onto his balcony and spread this message to the world.

And now catholics believe that is the 100% truth.

Did Pius REALLY get a message from god telling him this, or did he just make it up to make his organisation more credible. I'll leave you to decide! :whistle:

Captain.Remy 19-03-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Message original : Mark

Not really. It's a huge scandal over there, not all Catholics agree with him. I personally don't, my mother don't either.
The problem is, African people are very sensible about religion and listen to everything the Pope says. So it might have big consequences because we shouldn't expect African people to less have sex.

But in a way, the Pope is kinda right in the way condoms are not the solution. You can't say the contrary. It's not the antidote and I think that's what he meant. Condoms protect us from HIV but won't destroy it.

Mark 19-03-2009 05:14 PM

So do you believe that Pius just made it up?

Also, 1000 people are dying a day in africa because of AIDS. If contraception can even half that number then there is huge gain of human life. I sleep easy at night, I wonder if the Pope does with all those death's happening because of a rule he preaches?

Captain.Remy 19-03-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

So do you believe that Pius just made it up?

Also, 1000 people are dying a day in africa because of AIDS. If contraception can even half that number then there is huge gain of human life. I sleep easy at night, I wonder if the Pope does with all those death's happening because of a rule he preaches?
I think it was wrong the way it was said. Condoms aren't the antidote but it helps a LOT, you can't deny that, I can't either.
There should be more condoms distribution in Africa because the situation is terrible. I agree with you on that.
The Pope was right about the condom, but not the way he said it.

I've never been happy he got nominated, he's way too conservative and less charismatic. He doesn't have the strength to be a religion leader IMO. But I'm still a catholic and a lot of people will still be catholic, whatever happened.

letmein 20-03-2009 03:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Not really. It's a huge scandal over there, not all Catholics agree with him. I personally don't, my mother don't either.
The problem is, African people are very sensible about religion and listen to everything the Pope says. So it might have big consequences because we shouldn't expect African people to less have sex.

But in a way, the Pope is kinda right in the way condoms are not the solution. You can't say the contrary. It's not the antidote and I think that's what he meant. Condoms protect us from HIV but won't destroy it.
They're against sex education too.

Give me a break.

The Pope is infallible. Catholics cannot disagree with him.

Captain.Remy 20-03-2009 04:34 AM

Quote:

Message original : letmein

Give me a break.

Not really. I've been in a catholic school between the age of 11 and 15 and I had a sex education made by the preachers. And it was really a lot of fun, nothing old-school.

And the Pope is infallible. Catholics can disagree. I do, as lot of Catholics.
So don't believe Catholics are all the same - we are not, we don't have a stereotype. Yours isn't true at least.

arista 20-03-2009 07:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Give me a break.

Not really. I've been in a catholic school between the age of 11 and 15 and I had a sex education made by the preachers. And it was really a lot of fun, nothing old-school.

So don't believe Catholics are all the same - we are not, we don't have a stereotype. Yours isn't true at least.
"Not Really"
Capt Remy,
letmein is Talking Facts.
There are many types of Schools
some Strict , some not.
You got Lucky.

People are now sayng the Pope
is giving Africa bigger Deaths
because no way can you stop folks
having sex.
All the good work done by many good people
destroyred by a Pope that is out of touch
with Life.
Fact.

NettoSuperstar! 20-03-2009 07:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Give me a break.

Yeh I agree with Remy, I've a few Catholic friends including a gay one...They dont all take everything to extremes...and that includes some priests. The popes a knob but not all catholics are and Im sure a lot are pretty embarassed by the pope right now! Its like saying all muslims are extremists.

Captain.Remy 20-03-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Message original : arista
"Not Really"
Capt Remy,
some Strict , some not.
You got Lucky.

having sex.
with Life.
Fact.
When did I ever said what he did was fine ? He should have shut the ******* up or saying it in another way but NOT like that. It was totally inappropriate knowing how African people believe in God.

arista 20-03-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Message original : arista
"Not Really"
Capt Remy,
some Strict , some not.
You got Lucky.

having sex.
with Life.
Fact.
When did I ever said what he did was fine ? He should have shut the ******* up or saying it in another way but NOT like that. It was totally inappropriate knowing how African people believe in God.

Thats what makes him Evil.

M X 20-03-2009 04:50 PM

The Pope is a ******.

Shaun 20-03-2009 05:00 PM

It's a bit of a sensitive issue because condoms connect two very important issues; abortion and AIDs. Whilst it's important for (most) Catholics to be against contraception, there comes the heavy price of failing to prevent AIDs and other STIs.

I personally am pro-choice, and whilst I acknowledge that condoms are vital for healthy and safe sex, there are, what, 1 to 2 billion Catholics in the world who'd disagree with it in principle. It's always going to be a tricky issue.

arista 20-03-2009 05:13 PM

TRICKY???? Picto?

No way
this Pope has given False information
a Death Wish, infact.

Do you also know that Aids in the UK has gone up in women
now.

bananarama 25-03-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by letmein
The Catholic Church is anti-sex, and sees condoms as abortion. Condoms are outlawed in the church's teaching. You are not allowed to use them.

They've sought to have condoms outlawed in Africa. Their missionaries are insane!

This idiot just said that the washing machine was more liberating to women than the pill.

I can't believe anyone is trying to justify or even put an ounce of thought into what he is saying. You do realize that the church is a dangerous cult, that hates women, gays, and is the same as a Mafia.

It's the same as Scientology but with more power.

The entire Catholic Church should be shut down!

Well said. The only part I would question is the quote the Catholic church should be shut down". It would be far better for mankind if all religions were shut down and people used their intelligence instead of child like father xmas mentality beliefs......

The pope and his senile old cronies if you think about it are more deadly than Adolf Hitler. At least the killings and suffering that Hitler caused died with him but the deaths that religion causes goes on and on generation after generation.....

Convincing people not to have protection will generate even more Aids and more orphans and untold suffering. Typical legacy of mad religious beliefs....