ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The GCSE Thread (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85675)

*mazedsalv** 18-05-2009 04:50 PM

The GCSE Thread

I got in the exam, was feeling okay, i realised that the questions were hard, then i got to the last 5 pages.... and we did not learn any of the questions!!!! I remember my teacher saying to me "That wont come up, thats why i didnt teach you it" and it was in the last 8 questions worth about 50 of the overall 100 marks!!!!!! It was horrible!!!!! :bawling:

All the people in my set came out really pissed off.... our teacher is an idiot and so is the Maths exam board!!! It was IMPOSSIBLE!!!! Im going to cry!! I predict I got an F.... no joking around!!!

bronaaaa 18-05-2009 04:52 PM

:hug:
Silly teacher :nono:

bluehill 18-05-2009 04:54 PM

well i failed my driving test today:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Noel 18-05-2009 04:54 PM

Aww no that's horrible!
Don't be so negative though! You never know, chances are if you found it really difficult, so did everyone else, and then the grade boundaries will be brought down. I thought I was going to get an F in my Maths last year, and did extremely well, so don't write yourself off just yet. :)

MarkWaldorf 18-05-2009 04:55 PM

Did you do coursework for the subject? Don't worry, the C/W grade should bump up your overall grade. Just don't worry about it!

beanny 18-05-2009 04:56 PM

Im sure, if the paper is hard, then the grade boundaries are low. I seem to remember it being like that when I did GCSE's.
Im sure you did better than you think :thumbs:

beanny 18-05-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bluehill
well i failed my driving test today:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
...and sorry to hear that.
I passed 2nd time, it means you can have more lessons to get even better.

Good luck for next time :wink:

*mazedsalv** 18-05-2009 07:51 PM

They dont do cwk for Maths anymore, thats the reason why i will fail, im good at cwk but crap at exams and Maths in 100% exam.

I mean it was REALLY difficult, i was almost crying!!! I really wanted to have an outburst in the exam hall...the invigialator smiled at me at the end of the exam and i gave her the dirtiest look so she looked away all serious, i think she got that i was pissed!

CiaraD 18-05-2009 07:57 PM

aww don't worry about it.
everyone else probably thought it was hard to and you always do better then you think.

Fom 18-05-2009 08:00 PM

I felt horrible after all my exams, they always feel like this. I ended up getting a B after feeling like this so don't panic too much yet.

ILoveTRW 18-05-2009 08:00 PM

I got 463 out of 470 in my maths GCSE, it the only subject that i do well in :bigsmile:

*mazedsalv** 18-05-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ILoveMoney
I got 463 out of 470 in my maths GCSE, it the only subject that i do well in :bigsmile:
I envy you!! :cloud:

ILoveTRW 18-05-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by *mazedsalv**
Quote:

Originally posted by ILoveMoney
I envy you!! :cloud:
Not when I only got a C/B in english

Noel 18-05-2009 08:16 PM

It seems you're not the only one who found the exam hard..

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...8082813AA1nRcH

So the grade boundaries will no doubtedly be very low.

*mazedsalv** 18-05-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bradley!

Wooo im glad it wasnt just our year then!!!

Conzors 18-05-2009 08:22 PM

I was alright untill the histrogram question.

From them i sucked. lol.
x

Corkie 18-05-2009 08:23 PM

Yeh I had it. Was VERY hard!!!!

Hopefully grade boundaries will be lower.

I had R.E as well today (Which was ok.)

English Lit tomorrow and Biology wednesday :bawling:

Conzors 18-05-2009 08:25 PM

Yeh eng lit tomorrow :(

Of mice and men and poetry.

great:|

MR.K! 18-05-2009 08:25 PM

Sorry to hear that. Your teacher sounds like a prick.
Ive got my Maths exam on thursday :S

Tom 18-05-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bradley!

There was a Facebook group last year telling everyone not to revise and they'll lower the grade boundaries. Must have worked, I got straight A's in my A Levels ... me!! :joker:

Salv it'll be fine anyway, colleges only look for 5 across the board anyway and if you have to do it again and might be able to move up a tier if you aren't doing higher ... or am I just showing my age here with the Intermediate paper? :blush2:

SiaSiaSia 18-05-2009 08:27 PM

aww I would say it doesn't matter but it kinda does with Maths :(
you might've done better than you think - or you retake next year?

Corkie 18-05-2009 08:28 PM

They don't do Intermediate paper anymore. Just Higher and Foundation which is a bit of a piss take.

*mazedsalv** 18-05-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Conzors
I was alright untill the histrogram question.

From them i sucked. lol.
x
Omg me too!! The historgram was the first one i was like "A who?? whats a histogram??" and then ALL the ones after i didnt get.

And I took Higher and i kept saying i didnt want to. And i have English Lit tomorrow as well... Of Mice and Men and poerty....

*mazedsalv** 18-05-2009 08:45 PM

I was just looking around the internet and apparently out of all subjects, Maths is the hardest subject for secondary school students, apparently the government are dissapointed in the recent results in the last few years, thats why they have lowered the boundaries. When they get my % they will be very shocked at how bad I did.

So i guess everyone struggles with Maths.

Nicky. 18-05-2009 09:14 PM

My facebook was just brimmed with year 11's saying how hard the exam was!!
And Carrie, Tom Fletchers sister, on Twitter was asking everyone how to do loads of the q's that were on it!