ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Monologue (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96039)

Lewis. 08-07-2009 08:23 PM

Monologue

[i]I am writing a Monologue to prepare for my Drama exam in a few months. I have to write it, and act it. Alone. Any Tips? I am planning on doing a video Diary Monologue. Do different updates, about this boys life. I plan on having him really happy at one time, and then his mum dies when Rock climbing with him. His mental health deteriorates and when his Dad dies a year later, in a car crash, caused by the boy, he ends up killing himself. Very Depressing but It should be good, and I know there are a few actors on here, and I have never written a monologue, so any good tips on how to keep the audience intrested?

=]

Ninastar 08-07-2009 08:28 PM

I am shite at acting but i good at being in an audience (No point really) and I think it would be good if you like had a really sad song in the backround. Are you allowed to do that? If so do it just before you kill yourself. Or do it everytime someone you know dies and then as it starts to play at the end, peoples will know whats coming. x

Lewis. 08-07-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ninastar
I am s**** at acting but i good at being in an audience (No point really) and I think it would be good if you like had a really sad song in the backround. Are you allowed to do that? If so do it just before you kill yourself. Or do it everytime someone you know dies and then as it starts to play at the end, peoples will know whats coming. x
I am going to sing a song at the end, just one verse, as I am in tears. Inspiration from this scene in eastenders, but a Different song :P

Ninastar 08-07-2009 08:42 PM

Ohhhh thats a good idea!!!

Lewis. 08-07-2009 08:45 PM

Don't know what song to do though?

Any ideas? I want a song with a lot of emotion in the lyrics, because I wil be singing it like MAd may, quite and stuttery, so the lyrics need to mean something, as the tune will not really give much emotion

pinkmichk 08-07-2009 09:20 PM

before you write the monologue develop your character as much as you can on paper then you can choose what parts of the character are involved in story so even if they dont make it in they are a part of the background which makes the character who he is

Lauren 08-07-2009 09:22 PM

Have a look at Alan Bennetts Talking Head series, they'll give you good pointers.

SiaSiaSia 08-07-2009 09:24 PM

I don't like boasting, but I am a reasonably good actress... I have won some awards and stuff for it and have never auditioned for something and NOT got through so I must be okay I guess :S I get all shy and modest :P
Not sure I like your idea though tbh

Fom 08-07-2009 09:38 PM

Make sure you don't too much, don't make it too soppy. Instead of obviously being sad try and hold it back. There is nothing more upsetting than watch someone hold back their emotions.

A really rubbish example, but Rachel from last years X factor did it and it's the one genuine tear I have seen in the competition because she didn't want to cry but she couldn't help it. Im going on with myself but hope that helps.