Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

I just connect the work of someone in a movie with a product/production... and any customer or client who pays to see/enjoy that product, they have every right to continue to enjoy that purchase.

Someone who becomes a criminal or develops a certain reputation... they just lose the ability to use their celebrity image for squeaky clean sh** or other sponsorships...

But I think it is *******ed up that we penalize people with criminal records by saying, oh you can't enjoy that privilege anymore... we won't buy your product. Ok, but the same folk then will say they believe that we should seek to destigmatize those who are trying to get straight or to rehabilitate themselves from that life... anyway, I think it is quite rare to find a celebrity who doesn't have issue with drugs, having some mental illness or being prone to word vomit... that kind of record or "blemish" on their record... that standard is quite unrealistic for a fair amount of people really...

So I just find that this is often a hypocritical position will take... but then also will say we need things like prison reform. I don't think because someone becomes rich and famous, they should be held to a higher standard... I think we're all human beings first and foremost... celebrity or not... what we think of them or about their personality, etc, without knowing their skeletons, it's all just an image right?...

I can understand though someone not wanting to continue supporting a certain celeb after having bought into an image (that fantasy...) and then not having the same connection to that product... that I think is perfectly understandable. But then the big picture is, you purchased that ticket or enjoyed that person's work... so there was something there beyond just the image... it isn't just an empty gesture... I don't think that way about my customers or clients who commission my work. I think it means quite a lot...

(Edit) Oh though I will say for things like mass rapes, etc... yeah, it's kind of hard to separate that from the product, as a woman... because of course, that conjures some really terrible feelings.. and if it makes you feel bad, then yes, don't buy that product.. but even then I think you can still justify it, because it's not like that one person was the only one who was behind that product... but if that perv on screen gives you nightmares, then obviously it would be equally wrong to force yourself through that bad feeling... there are some movies I won't buy or watch just because the person who is in them gives me a really bad feeling, so I can understand that... for sure.

Tom Cruise creeps me out. He always has, but with as much as I hate Scientology, it's like x1000 now... but that depends on the movie sometimes...

Last edited by Maru; 03-06-2018 at 10:56 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote