Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

I think both trains of thought are kind of dated (imo).

Ok, women should not view themselves as sex objects... duh.

The second, promiscuity = empowerment... I think either way we do it, there has to be real thought into how we handle sexuality. We are empowered by our own certainty of why we choose the path we do, for example... i.e. has meaning versus just giving thought to some "empowering tips" on the front of a sex mag or something...

If we do things because other people think we should do them, or because we think other people think we should do them (they don't actually care maybe...), or some other reasoning besides... hey I like to be sexy... or maybe today I want to feel sexy, but tomorrow... eh... pyjamas...

That's the difference. Having that freedom emotionally and with your identity. Not our juxtaposition being based on some phrase or popular social norm(s). Promiscuity just to meet some condition of empowerment, I think is quite silly especially with the risks that are sometimes involved with that... I also think the only thing it really empowers, short of giving women a clean flight path to living that lifestyle (making it OK by society) is that it can create the same peer pressure of women having to "embrace" their sexuality in one warm tone, in order to be like yay modernism... when maybe they are happy being quite reserved or just maybe that is even too much focus on sex for where they're at in life... currently.

My point, anything we do as people... not just as women... we should do them with some kind of thought. i.e. Did I want to do that?... Or was it because Cosmo told me it would be empowering or I just want to rile the guys... (i.e. don't sexualize me, because feminism, but here's my fanny and shirt showing off my boob job...)... I do feel like there is sometimes an exhibitionist personality type that is inclined towards promiscuity.. and for some people, that's not their cup of tea anyway... and that's OK.

Either way, I don't necessarily reject either view... I just think that if a person is going to pick one, put some thought into why they are choosing that direction as an individual... don't pick because it's the new trendy thing to do and because feminism. Feminism, in my opinion, quite dated in a lot of thinking... just like a lot of today's "social engineered" politics... it's just an easy way to get into the papers, but it's not necessarily "empowering" women to become conscious of their own decision making... so I think either two tend to become bandwagons than true solid ways of thinking if you know I mean... I think women can think for themselves just fine ... but to our young children, it's good when they hear the first... and the second well... helps to end the shame can be developed there societally as it's a bit of a self-declaration of sexual independence... but I do feel like these can be covered in sex ed even. (or God forbid parenting...).. though I think our views as individuals count more than what the "status quo" says... especially with certain ethnic backgrounds or cultural make ups, they have different views on sexuality and that's usually up to the individual to continue that practice... (after a point)... those shouldn't be excluded or sneered upon on the basis of it not fitting into feminist propaganda. Anyway, I'm an individualist feminist... so probably not feminist by the most popular form now, but that's OK... I quite like myself, am happy... and don't to follow a "doctrine"... just need room to be me... thanks, to my feminist ancestors for helping with that... but I got it from here now.

Last edited by Maru; 09-06-2018 at 01:41 AM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote