View Single Post
Old 14-06-2018, 11:53 AM #117
Banned

Banned

I finished the second season.

Spoiler:

I had nothing but low expectations going in so I enjoyed it a bit more than I expected but the series itself was problematic as hell.

Starting with the biggest problem of the series, Tyler. I didn't mind the school shooting aspect, it's a bit tasteless to do such a storyline but I was okay with it but my major issue with it was that it was a sexual assault that drove him to that point. I think they should have given the sexual assault storyline to another character instead and have Tyler go down the school shooter path. Although it's realistic that rape convictions are rare and rarely satisfying, having Bryce basically get off scot free and THEN portraying a victim as a would be shooter was a bit grotesque. It was just badly handled, I thought.

The Hannah stuff felt a bit extraneous tbh and it made her less of a sympathetic character than she was in the first season, having her talk to Clay so frequently was weird and it didn't fit at all. Only good thing to come from the Hannah storyline is that we got more of Kate Walsh who is probably the only capable actor on the show.

Also I'm sick of Clay as the main character, he's terrible. Justin's storyline also felt a bit cliched but I like pairing him up with Clay's family.

The things I did like were the characters of Zach and Sherrie, I think Jessica had a good arc although, given that Hannah didn't get her justice, Jessica's S2 storyline should have ended with her getting justice.

Overall it was quite a needless season but it was watchable, I guess.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote