View Single Post
Old 21-06-2018, 11:30 AM #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I think all of the acting is pretty great . The guy who looks like Craig David who plays the husband, and Poussay from Orange Is The New Black, are perhaps the worst of the regulars (sorry Poussay but you seem to be playing exactly the same character ) - and they're by no means bad. Most of it is really good though. "The Commander" is genuinely ****ing creepy and Miranda from Mass Effect is great as his wife, too. "Aunt Lydia" is a fascinating character, too. Plus Nick (the driver) somehow manages to convey so much whilst also saying almost nothing AND (deliberately) keeping emotionally blank.

So yeah, well worth watching IMO. I still say it's very much a Netflix-style show though and I'd wait until season 2 has finished airing to watch (feel free to watch S1 whenever). It works better as a season long binge show than a week-to-week. Some of the episodes are so bleak that if you watch them standalone, it can be really hard going .

I have noticed that it's been weirdly difficult to get hold of episodes this season though! I've discovered that TPB does have them but you have to search " the.handmaids.tale S02E* " (with the dots and asterisk). Searching for "The Handmaids Tale" or even just "Handmaid" brings up nothing. It's bizarre.
That doesn't surprise me, as much as I liked her Poussay wasn't much of an actress, kind of wooden.

I might binge watch at some point over the summer.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote