¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

103rd Place: Derrick Barry (Season 8) - finished FIFTH!

Let me prefix this by saying that I know her drag has improved DRASTICALLY since season eight and I'm resigned to the fact that she'll be on a future Allstars. But every time I rewatch season eight I just...ugh it's exhausting. The idea that she lasted longer than Thorgy, Betty and Robbie is criminal. Because... let's break it down episode by episode.

Episode one: Derrick is the 100th queen. "It's Derrick bitch!" yes yes very funny. Makes use of a chair in the Winners' Circle photoshoot. Somehow makes the top three of the challenge because of it; judges apparently ignore the fact she's wearing a bikini and some mistletoe on her ass. NO.
Episode two: Completely disappears in the Bitch Perfect performance except for some random Britney choreo. Thinks people go to movie premieres looking like this. NO.
Episode three: "THIS IS MY DAY, I WAS BORN THIS WAY, AND MY BIGGEST SECRET I-IS..." yeah that Empire challenge was tragic. Somehow avoids bottom two despite doing worse than both Robbie AND Cynthia. Should've 100% been Derrick vs. Cynthia, but they wanted a roller-skating lipsync and Robbie was the only one who could do it. Tea. Confirmed. Don't @ me.
Episode four: "WE ARE THE GIRLS. OF. DRAGOMETRY." Sings in a horrible nasal voice despite repeated requests not to by Lucian and Chi Chi. Avoids bottom two AGAIN because Debbie Harry thought it was nice that she tried to sing, I guess? Naysha was robbed here, her runway was breathtaking. Derrick's neon, however...
Episode five: The worst Snatch Game across all ten seasons, thanks to the soulless guests (Gigi Hadid and Chanel Iman). They lap her Britney impression up despite making a grand total of, like, two jokes. Chi Chi's Eartha Kitt was ROBBED of a top 3 here. Also delivers the most boring kimono bar Naomi's.
Episode six: FINALLY LANDS IN THE BOTTOM TWO, for a HORRIFIC Tin Man costume. "There was a hem everywhere". Gave us Michelle's iconic "....it's...a piece of fabric." line sadly outperformed Robbie, but I wish Chi Chi had sent her packing.
Episode seven: "Wins a challenge" because she's partnered with Bob. Admittedly her performance was good: she committed to eating a baby and gave a stiff, awkward Conservative character. But... that's because she is a stiff, awkward Conservative character.
Episode eight: FINALLY GOES. But not before she drops off this HORRIFYING brow.

That's one good week and even then it was shared with Bob's - let's face it - far more impressive comedic timing. But what bothers me the most about Derrick's tenure on Season eight is just how joyless and mean she was the entire time; firing shots at Bob like "can you give me some tips on how to do ratchet drag next week?" (thankfully clapped right the **** back by Bob), spending the entire Book Ball episode telling Naomi she has no personality, terrible hairlines and no talent.

She just has terrible delivery and whether or not it was playful shade, I just got the overwhelming impression she was an incredibly narcissitic, shallow, nasty person. I'm set to be proved wrong in the future, but even off-show she's drunkenly making a mess of herself, and doesn't know what Stonewall was, so whatever. Hated her season 8 tenure. Don't necessarily hate the girl. Might though.

Also part of my hate for Derrick stems from my belief that Britney Spears is the most overrated, over-worshipped celebrity of all time and is a no-talent hack who should've faded into the obscurity currently being enjoyed by Michelle Branch.

Memorable quote(s): Robbie: "Derrick you're an impersonator!"
Derrick: "Yeah I impersonate celebrities, I can't impersonate YOU."
Best Runway(s): I was actually a fan of her Roller Girl look
Best Moment(s): Having her entire ass handed to her by Bob the Drag Queen. "I will never cry because of you...ever!" Bob: "Don't give me a challenge." <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Last edited by Shaun; 29-06-2018 at 02:18 AM.
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote