View Single Post
Old 29-06-2018, 02:00 PM #130
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
F00k off, LT I'm not repeating basics here for your indulgence. You know very well what message, otherwise were have you been all your life? Basic tenets of Christianity are common knowledge or at least they should.
Failing that, Google it, you lazy git

being nice to people and your neighbours was prevalent in all societies, chinese, celtic etc its not anything specific to christianity

the jesus myth was one of hundreds of similar myths in that area at that time and all followed the same basic premis of death and resurrection

"most secular historians also agree that the gospels contain large quantities of ahistorical legendary details mixed in with historical information about Jesus's life.[9] The Synoptic Gospels of Mark, Matthew, and Luke are heavily shaped by Jewish tradition, with the Gospel of Matthew deliberately portraying Jesus as a "new Moses".[10] Although it is highly unlikely that the authors of the Synoptic Gospels directly based any of their stories on pagan mythology,[11] it is possible that they may have subtly shaped their accounts of Jesus's healing miracles to resemble familiar Greek stories about miracles associated with Asclepius, the god of healing and medicine. The birth narratives of Matthew and Luke are usually seen by secular historians as legends designed to fulfill Jewish expectations about the Messiah"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_...tive_mythology

he may have been a bloke who people liked but the whole cult was fitted onto him many hundreds of years later and all fictitious
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote