Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

101st Place: Jaymes Mansfield (Season 9) - finished 14th

For someone only around for two episodes, I have a lot of feelings about Jaymes Mansfield the season 9 girls' patronising of her in both episodes was extremely uncomfortable and seemed to serve no other purpose than reinforcing their soul-selling BS to RuPaul's various pseudo-psychological mantras. She hasn't found her identity, she was just a big fish in a small pond, she crumbled under pressure, etc etc etc. And it's rare that you'll hear me have a bad word to say about Cynthia Lee Fontaine, but when she and Nina Bo'Nina Brown were picking their cheerleading teams, and Nina makes a point of choosing Jaymes because she "has a soft spot for the underdog" (again: unnecessary ), Cynthia quips "she [Nina] was just doing community service [by picking Jaymes]" and it's HONESTLY STILL INFURIATING. WE WERE ROOTING FOR YOU, CUCU. RETURN YOUR CONGENIALITY TITLE NOW. Ugh, it was just crushing seeing Jaymes immediately forced into this "struggling outsider" role.

Unfortunately, loveable as she is, she also happened to get the series' seminal "queen cannot grasp a basic ****ing concept" moment, a la Alyssa's "doo wah" in AS2 or Kim Chi's "WHAT a fat ass?" in season eight. Her inability to step in time and introduce herself in the cheerleading routine is honestly exhausting, and one of those rare moments where you watch and just wonder...how...did they get here? Producer Alexis Michelle soon saw an end to this floundering, though, and seized her floozy character and lumbered Jaymes with a lacklustre "snoozy" character.

I actually didn't think her lipsync against Kimora was that bad, but the moment she copied Kimora and started trying to lie down on the floor seductively at the same time, was the killer blow, I guess. I hope we get some form of Rudemption in the future, but she seems to be doing very well and has a lot of fans for a first-eliminee so maybe we're all good.

Memorable quote(s): "Hi shapeshifters!"
"I'm Jaymes... and I'm jews-oops."
Best Runway(s): Whilst her Gaga bedhead was amusing, it has to be her White Party look.
Best Moment(s): I actually don't get what was so funny and/or bad about her forward rolls in the cheerleading - it wasn't really that much worse than anyone else's efforts - but that rolling meme was beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote