CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
Dd you read what I said

I already said I understand people wanting it to be policed better, but how can legalising it help matters ?!! . If anything more trafficking will happen as they'll think they're more invincible .

Because try telling a sicko pimp that a 13 year old prostitute isnt the same as a 23 year old prostitute ! . They don't care they'll still abuse and exploit them.

And the adult prostitutes will still be in danger as well.

I think people turn the other way as most of them don't want to see it , we all know it happens . Also they don't want their kids exposed to it .

Maybe there should be a different attitude toward it and obviously more safety protection , but It just seems bizarre to me when for e.g places like Holland has women in Windows posing attracting punters ,I know they're more open about it but I find it weird.
Oh I read what you said... So no need to be patronising. I've also worked in organizations that directly provided aid and help to girls on the street caught up in trafficking. I have walked with them an talked to them as they chose to stay in the trade or to leave it. What I am trying to get across is illigalization of it as a trade has fueled the ability for exploitation of minors and those who are forced into it due to low circumstances or addiction. Cracking down on those exploited woman and police hauling them in and calling them the criminals does not help them survive or get out. The laws as they stand prevent the police from being a help to these women... and prevent the woman from having help. It's been around since the beginning of time and all societies that it is illegal in have the worst circumstances for them.

Just because it makes people 'uncomfortable' to have it as a legal trade... It's not a valid reason to not start doing something to make the lives of these woman better.
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.

Last edited by Mokka; 08-07-2018 at 09:00 PM.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote