Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokka View Post
Oh I read what you said... So no need to be patronising. I've also worked in organizations that directly provided aid and help to girls on the street caught up in trafficking. I have walked with them an talked to them as they chose to stay in the trade or to leave it. What I am trying to get across is illigalization of it as a trade has fueled the ability for exploitation of minors and those who are forced into it due to low circumstances or addiction. Cracking down on those exploited woman and police hauling them in and calling them the criminals does not help them survive or get out. The laws as they stand prevent the police from being a help to these women... and prevent the woman from having help. It's been around since the beginning of time and all societies that it is illegal in have the worst circumstances for them.

Just because it makes people 'uncomfortable' to have it as a legal trade... It's not a valid reason to not start doing something to make the lives of these woman better.
But I never said we shouldn't help them , yes there is organisations that help them.

Well what about places where women are in Window shops advertising their " services" where people walk the streets, I suppose on the one hand it's in the public domain and the owner of the brothel has better chance of protecting the women.

But it's still not a safe environment. But I agree the prostitutes have more security than on a street corner jumping into God knows who's car .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 08-07-2018 at 09:18 PM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote