Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

I have the opposite problem. We are stingy, but a lot of people in our age bracket are financially reckless. I've helped friends to get their stuff straightened out in the past and usually am the one to nag on someone for overpaying for something ridiculous.

I'm really good about remembering near contract end dates, calling billers and renegotiating fees, etc. I have to say, I don't mind being a pain in the ass... and yes, have to remember to call before contracts go out, etc...

@LT Electric is a pain here because the savings are based on usage, which means you have to know your meter readings (it's charted on the bill usually, but not necessarily...)... it's a multi-Tier type plan (charged different things based on usage bracket) in markets (depends on the state) that are deregulated. So have to read the fine print and watch for low usage fees, etc.

At least they've regulated the label itself where it's laid out the same from each plan to the next. So they all have to use the same formatting, so that keeps that simpler at least... I don't necessarily mind that it's multi-Tier, because it's based on how much energy they end to "buy"... and of course, for some people, they will charge more for a lower usage plan... but then if you have a wash-house for example on it's own meter, then it pays nicely to have a 6mo contract... annoying to renew, but the rate is really low.

Online makes things so much simpler than it used to be imo when it comes to saving money. I can renew most of my plans online and there's no excuse when there is really no shortage of information (i.e. search engines)... also it's difficult to be duped by a scammy company with things like Nextdoor and review sites but means there is more competition since people are more likely to leave their "known" brands for something with better value. I think it's so much easier now than it's ever used to be, so I don't think the current generation should have any excuse...
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote