View Single Post
Old 18-07-2018, 07:04 PM #16

This follows Labour MP John Woodcock who was suspended over a sexual harassment allegation and has quit the party and launched a scathing attack on Jeremy Corbyn.

He claimed the party had changed for the worse and said the Labour leader would be a "clear risk to UK national security as prime minister".

"The party for which I have campaigned since I was a boy is no longer the broad church it has always historically been."

"Anti-Semitism is being tolerated and Labour has been taken over at nearly every level by the hard left, far beyond the dominance they achieved at the height of 1980s militancy."

"There is little chance of returning the Labour party to the inclusive, mainstream electoral force my constituents desperately need."

"I have promised to fight for local jobs, promote a credible alternative government, protect the shipyard and ensure the safety of my constituents through strong defence and national security.

I now believe more strongly than ever that you have made the Labour Party unfit to deliver those promises and would pose a clear risk to UK national security as prime minister."

Whatever troubles afflict the Tories the Labour party cannot capitalise - not with loser Corbyn at the helm.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote