View Single Post
Old 26-07-2018, 12:01 AM #8
-

-

I have a Christian friend (who turned out to be more religious than I originally thought...) and her thoughts on it seem to basically be;

Homosexuality (the act) is a sin. Homosexual desires are ok so long as you don't actually act on them. A homosexual can only get into heaven if they repent when they die (to be "forgiven"). However (and I think this is the important part that most Christians don't abide by) she PERSONALLY doesn't have any issue with people being gay and doesn't judge anyone, as its not people's place to judge anyone, it's between "them and God" and no one else's business . It's a "we're all sinners and we'll all be judged when we die and no one needs to judge before that" sort of deal.

So basically if she had a gay friend she wouldn't mind them being gay but would "worry about them not being able to get into heaven" or something like that. But then, she's also mentioned that she sometimes gets worried about what will happen to her non-religious friends and prays for us. I think being a godless heathen is worse than being a gay believer in that sense?
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote