View Single Post
Old 26-07-2018, 05:44 AM #12
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I have a Christian friend (who turned out to be more religious than I originally thought...) and her thoughts on it seem to basically be;

Homosexuality (the act) is a sin. Homosexual desires are ok so long as you don't actually act on them. A homosexual can only get into heaven if they repent when they die (to be "forgiven"). However (and I think this is the important part that most Christians don't abide by) she PERSONALLY doesn't have any issue with people being gay and doesn't judge anyone, as its not people's place to judge anyone, it's between "them and God" and no one else's business . It's a "we're all sinners and we'll all be judged when we die and no one needs to judge before that" sort of deal.

So basically if she had a gay friend she wouldn't mind them being gay but would "worry about them not being able to get into heaven" or something like that. But then, she's also mentioned that she sometimes gets worried about what will happen to her non-religious friends and prays for us. I think being a godless heathen is worse than being a gay believer in that sense?
..yeah your Christian friend is pretty much my experience in mindset of many Christians I know as well, TS...it’s more the worry of ‘gay’ not being allowed into heaven because of those gay ways...they’re welcomed into church, they’re welcomed into the arms of etc with no prejudice...but there’s that worry they won’t be able to complete their Christian journey through the pearly gates when the time comes...that’s why I find it hard with things like ‘we won’t write things on a cake because it goes against...etc’...because that’s only a rule that, that specific Christian person has made...it isn’t a bible rule to follow...I’m not saying it’s not a ‘proper Christian’ who would do that../..have that mindset because it’s what they themselves believe...it’s who they are as individuals...but maybe when they get to those pearly gates themselves...their God and Jesus might give them a little tap on the hand and say...no, that wasn’t very Christian ...you can still come through but I had to say that...or maybe he might leave those mindsets in the waiting room for a few decades or so...just so they have a little time to think about it all ....we just don’t know, God is an unknown in his/her whims and decisions...so the waiting room at those gates must be pretty interesting...any old thing could happen...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote