View Single Post
Old 30-07-2018, 06:48 PM #21

I wouldn't call Gina vs Sallie a massive feud, just a couple of petty arguments on the first and second day which they quickly got over and became good friends. Gina had more of a 'feud' with Jackie and Jemima than she did Sallie.

The Gina/Hazel one was far more prominent. It started off great, Gina outed Hazel in front of the house for the 'evil inside' and 'stirring the pot' comments in her audition video which Hazel flat out lied about, as did Jackie and Wolfy. Gina looked great while Hazel looked like the snake. It then continued with their face to face nominations of each other where it became clear they couldn't stand each other, and then when Hazel become public hate figure number 1 during the whole Daley thing and Gina was the only one calling her out for her behaviour it continued to be great, Gina was the clear hero and Hazel the villain.

It got a bit tedious after Daley left, however, as Hazel didn't really do anything bad after he left and actually seemed willing to be civil with Gina (She didn't even nominate her on week 7). Hazel seemed to be trying to move past the Daley thing, and even though she wasn't exactly popular I think a lot of viewers wanted to move past it too after that uncomfortable incident in the safe house, but Gina just wouldn't let it go and kept on calling her a dirty *****/skank/homewrecker e.t.c. so she started to come off bad. By week 8 Gina really just looked petty and childish as well as jealous of Hazel. She was constantly attacking Hazel, particularly in that Queen Bee task when Hazel really hadn't done anything to Gina, and hadn't really done anything that bad for weeks. In the beginning it seemed as though Gina was just disapproving of Hazel's behaviour but by the end it seemed far more personal and based off Gina's insecurities. However, their final couple of arguments were quite entertaining, although I agree that neither exactly came off well from it.

I think the feud was also a bit underwhelming in a sense as they never had a proper argument until Hazel's final week and by that point I didn't care as much. Around week 3-week 5 I was constantly waiting for a big argument to erupt between the two but it never happened, just a lot of bitching and the odd comment to one another. It felt like it was leading somewhere but never really did.
Matt123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote