Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

95th Place: Gia Gunn (Season 6) - finished 9th

There's going to be a run now of queens whose low placements are, perhaps rightly, going to upset many of you - but when compiling this I guess I prioritised likeable people and underdogs over queens that were overbearing and extremely nasty on the show. Gia Gunn is absolutely one of the latter, and her prejudices towards Milk and Darienne Lake left an extremely sour taste in my mouth.

I know for a fact that she's matured and enlightened herself since season 6 and is now a far more tolerant/open person and has a good rapport with a bunch of established queens, but...

Spoiler:

Until we see her on AllStars 4, I don't have much evidence to prove that!

Gia's short stay on the show was summarised by playing second fiddle to Hurricane Laganja, calling themselves Team Too Much. Together they dominated the drama of the season, and Gia's talking heads varied between genuinely hilarious and skin-crawlingly awkward and lacking in self-awareness. The original Kimora Blac, Gia fumbled some not-all-that-obscure references ("What's a Tony?", "What's a DeLorean?") and could've settled nicely into the loveable dumb girl role if:

a) Joslyn Fox wasn't also in the cast
b) She wasn't so unpleasant.

Her coming for Milk might not look so bad now that Milk's shown her true colours in Allstars 3, but there was just this really acidic way with which Gia attacked her. Her exit, turning to the other queens and saying "You guys are all still dudes", and then the credits interview where she said "I'm upset that there's other crossdressers still in there that came to a drag show dressed as boys" was just... not good. At all. The show has put up with a ton of queens complaining about how to drag correctly and putting themselves in boxes that leave absolutely no room for creativity, but to my knowledge, Gia was the absolute worst for this and was in desperate need of someone to smack her and open her eyes. Thankfully, Joslyn did this in Untucked, calling her ignorant.

All of this aside, I am fully prepared to embrace Gia as an Allstar if she continues with her knack for a good soundbite and ditches the superficial bitchiness.

Memorable quote(s): "This is the Olympics of drag, honey, and ****'s getting gaggy."
"I don't jump guns, I am the boom boom gun, honey."
"I'm feeling my oats! Let me feel my oats!"
"Feeling like pussy, feeling like **** x2"
"How is she, though?"
Best Runway(s): I didn't actually love any of them but this was probably the best one: http://i.imgur.com/k9yhTHv.png
Best Moment(s): "I didn't quite cough like a man, but ok."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote