Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

To some degree, I don't know how to react. I have maybe seen one person my whole life with a Burqa? Might have been a family in DC.

I do find it a bit ironic that these supposedly "accepting" countries pass laws such as this, but I think in doing so on the justification of defending women's rights probably means these women are more likely to stay in the home.... so in a way, the law further restricts their freedoms?

Though honestly, I'm glad to see some cultures in general willing to draw a line somewhere. Like where is the point something becomes too extreme to allow to integrate in our culture where we no longer avert our eyes. Some group interests may not share society's own best interests. We can help integrate the more moderate crowd, sure, but only in so far that we don't give so much we give up the whole...

The US is strange in this way that because of our overall geography and scale being so large, we can have crazy sects like the polygamist cult FLDS create entire towns in the middle of no where.. but because of the geography they present no real issue as far as affecting our overall culture... at least until they used "single" mothers to register for govt welfare... then that changed the game and the states interfered. They're still there though... but with more defections and even more isolated than before as they try to keep their numbers.

Last edited by Maru; 01-08-2018 at 10:09 AM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote