View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 10:37 AM #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
I mean Aaryn's contributions to the game were like... winning a few HOHs in spite of production and then doing all the legwork for an alliance of four that just used her and abused her. I don't think that's particularly interesting but what do I know. She's just a cookie cutter racist and there's nothing particularly fascinating about her villainy, she's just clearly not a good person. I also think that Aaryn was the primary reason for the house being such a toxic hellhole because she was so comfortable with saying and doing extremely racist ****. Like obviously all BBUS casts are scum but I think someone like Andy was really just going with the flow with some of the **** he said since the tone was clearly set by Aaryn and others.

That being said, I think it's extremely arbitrary to figure out who was worse between Aaryn/Amanda/GM because they all suck but with GM I can at least find like... the slightest amount of pity since she's a tragic simpleton and just sad. Nick didn't give a **** about her, you could hear her throwing up her dinners through her mic a few times, she'd sobbing meltdowns about how little she's accomplished in her life, she's 32 with a tongue ring... it's all there. When Aaryn wasn't being racist she was being ****ing boring.
I would agree that Aaryn wasn't as great of a player as people love to make out (Even the competitions she won were competitions largely based on luck than strategy or endurance) but I still think she made a big contribution to the game. It was Aaryn who won the HOH on week 2 and declared war on Helen/Elissa which made it all the more thrilling to watch as Helen/Elissa campaigned for their safety and successfully backdoored Nick which was probably one of the best moments of the season. It was Aaryn who struck up the deal with Helen for her safety on week 4 leading to Kaitlin's eviction, and then got rid of Howard and Judd. She also entered the 3AM alliance and got rid of Helen, and it was also Aaryn who was the cause behind some of the great arguments of the season such as the wine argument, the bed fight and the argument with Elissa on Kaitlin's eviction week. I would also say Aaryn was more tactless than GinaMarie which made her a better villain as the other houseguests truly couldn't stand her whereas they didn't mind GinaMarie.

While I don't think Aaryn's contributions to the game were always smart, in fact I didn't really like any of the decisions she made, they were still contributions that were interesting to watch, i.e it was compelling to watch whether she'd renominate Spencer against Helen or backdoor Amanda. She was someone to root against in the game which made it more fun when rooting for the likes of Elissa. GinaMarie's only contribution until week 9 was getting rid of Candice, but tbh that just pissed me off more than any of Aaryn's contributions as I was a Candice fan, and her comment during Candice's eviction about her mother was way below the belt.
Matt123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote