View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 04:36 PM #29
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Do you agree with their rules?

Hypothetical question for

If one of these companies hired a person with a totally different political opinion to you, and they saw that you called somebody a Nazi or some other name, and they decided to kick you off the platform for hate speech basically because they didn't like you and your opinion.

Would you think, that's fair enough, rules are rules?

Or would you think that you are being treated terribly?
Hate speech isn't just slurs. You could find thousands of videos in which any and all slurs are used and nothing likely would happen to those users.

Hate speech runs deeper than that, it's about spreading REAL hatred to a point it could spread into real violence, and, like how I've spoken about the parents of the Sandy Hook victims, Jones' riling up and incitement of action within his fanbase has lead to serious real life harassment and consequences for these people whose only crime has been losing a child.

Inciting hatred against a group of people for discriminatory reasons is hate speech, it isn't the same as opposing someone's views and presenting your own.

Your hyporthetical would not happen but if it did, I wouldn't be mad about it because I have the capacity to realise my mistakes. I certainly wouldn't expect left or centre media to mollycoddle me and blame the world for my errors like the right wing are doing with Jones.

Now time for my question, you're defending Jones here but what do you think of his treatment of the parents of the Sandy Hook victims?
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote