swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

It's an uncomfortable situation, and I know it's something very Katie-Hopkins-y to say - but Europe should get their act together and stop tiptoeing around these issues.
There is a major problem in Muslim countries and up until recent years it was only Israel's problem, but now it's leaking to Europe and you can see it in 7/7, mass immigration, London's level of crime, Rochdale, Manchester and London Bridge (which I was "lucky" enough to be there when it happened).
Countries feel uncomfortable having major sanctions because there's a fine line between defending their country and getting in trouble with Islamophobia.
Because the world does not intervene in problematic Muslim countries, their people flee to Europe and become Europe's problem.
Yes, there's need to address the terrible problem that is spreading inside the Muslim community. No, the problem is not the Muslim community, but it's poisoned by sub-communities inside them that grow and grow.
Rochdale and Burkas share the same poisonous misogynistic primitive roots. Letting Burkas happen (=derogatory chauvinistic culture) is opening the door for another Rochdale culture. Be it in a Jewish community, Christians or atheist groups - no legitimization whatsoever.
Unfortunately I see it happen in Israel, when the authorities let Jewish men dismiss women in all sorts of aspects of life, instead of standing up to it (fortunately, we have the privilege of criticizing it for what it is without it being called antisemitism). This is unacceptable.
Europe should put their foot down and say - no, enough is enough, not in our culture.

Spoiler:

Shifra, Tzabar, Ranin. BBIL 2008.
y.winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote