CBB22: Chloe Ayling
BB8: Amanda
BBs Best future Housemate

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Chloe Ayling
BB8: Amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
This would escalate to a lawsuit in a heartbeat. As soon as the situation turns emotionally abusive in any manner, there will be a public outrage. I doubt any therapist worth their weight would approve of such an setup either.

People do strange things and act differently under duress, so there is no predicting how those individuals would handle that environment. To have those awkward conditions televised for the public consumption for the purposes of ratings would likely be breaking some sort of law (or at least skirting it). I get the "experimental" aspects of it, but I don't think that's what a lot of people find entertaining about the show... it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, as they say. Then it becomes too serious and I think too uncomfortable to walk imo.

We also have to think about the type of environment this kind of show would be airing in and probably it would be seen as crossing too many lines for entertainment, even in 2018. If they were done "by the book", it would still be seen as a huge step down for television and Big Brother taking advantage of emotionally vulnerable people for TV ratings... and yes, they would be made vulnerable, not excluding the additional pressure of the cameras.

If I understand your synopsis correctly, then the environment would unmistakably be ripe for at least a few forms of psychological abuse... it's too high of a chance of trauma developing in those contestants and likely would bring out the very worst in some folk as well... we're talking about putting people in a tiny little space living under some extreme conditions they could never possibly be prepared for... and then adding in the inevitable psychologically reconditioning and intimidation tactics if it is even remotely close to the book... no one could offer me enough money to participate in that.

if this was illegaly then the army would not exisit…

For the army is far wost… they get told when to eat, what to eat, what to wear, what to do, who to shoot, what to drive and where to go, where to sleep... and they will do all this whilst being shouted at... or made to scrub the floor with a toothbrush (well thats what happens in films)

They will offen go a long time without washing... they are not allowed to speak to family and tell them what they do... if they die there family might be lied to on the details, also there death will likely be covered up to the outside world... (Ive latterly herd theses story's from clients who are in the army)

I think the only reason why you hated my idea because you have bought into the crap that R Kelly is a terrible controlling person... when in reality there are far worse things going on higher up the chain...

I'm not saying bb should boss them around, yell at them, force them to be smelly, force them to sow clothing 16 hours a day for £3 a day, or force there people to shoot and bomb other people... or foruce them to not have a mind of there own... Like what you are forced to do in the army or in poor countries... belive it not not R Kelly does care about his girls, (unlike some army officers that would use the word 'collateral damage' when some people die)… yes you need to get rid of the sexual aspect... but its not as you say "emotionally abusive" in any manner just to ask housemates that if they want to go to the toilet they need to ask first... so it would be like being in the navy, or being at a stricked work place or school, only just no way near as bad as being in the army (or isis group) over seas.

Controlling though is sexy to me, and its better when you have no idea who giving the orders.. that's why I love Big brother.. it could be anyone!. it also would be fun to see people being wound up by small things.

There's nothing abusive about having stricked rules and funny tasks if those rules are not up hold..

Last edited by annabelindabee; 12-08-2018 at 10:59 AM.
annabelindabee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote