View Single Post
Old 25-08-2018, 11:25 AM #91
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
The fact remains that many Jews, including Jewish Labour supporters, feel they have a case to be answered. Corbyn fans can twist and turn as much as they want... their denial makes him and his refusal to take a stand against antisemitism in his own party look even more shoddy.
If this is in reply to my comments and I'm not suggesting for a second it is, personally I am a Labour/ Corbyn supporter, not a Corbyn fan.
That term I'm sure you'll understand delegitimises any genuine socio-political interest as simply hero worship... I wouldn't want any confusion on that regard.

There is a fact that there is a case to be answered yes, it has been answered, there have been inquiries, reports and personal testimony... it has reached saturation point almost. how many times can the same assurances be made that any abuse is not condoned by or tolerated by the Labour party?..

Take the latest front page assault, a misrepresentation of the term 'zionist'.. We all know they exist, we also know that is a derogatory term used to describe Jews. The media twist is now to infer that the comment referred to the modern abusive non traditional reference and not the traditionally accepted term.

I personally agree as I have said on many occasions across many threads with relating back to history, there IS an irony there.... It's uncomfortable to address but the similarities are there ... There will be bluster and outrage but history cannot be rewritten to suit modern power battles.