Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

87th Place: Laila McQueen (Season 8) - finished joint-last

I guess it doesn't make a huge amount of sense to put this big a gap in my rankings between Dax and Laila when they both pretty much ****ed up the "I Will Survive" lipsync equally, but hey... I guess I like Laila.

Laila's pretty popular among the other queens and immediately strikes me as probably the most polished "first eliminee" queen - Vanjie included. It certainly seems inevitable that she'll be asked back to compete in a future series, whether that's Allstars or something else, because she managed to accrue a large number of fans for... very little performance.

OK so a huge part of my defence of Laila is that she 100%, no doubt in my mind did not deserve to be in the bottom two in the first episode. Her take on the Rupocalypse runway might not have been a complete head-to-toe look, but it was far more creative and well-constructed than Naomi's cheap gold dress and ugly-ass boat, Robbie's poodle monstrosity, and I would argue even Cynthia's Detox knock-off and Derrick's mistletoe pubes. There's still a strong chance she'd have been edited out in episode two anyway for failing to be a huge personality, but she didn't deserve to be a queen who lipsynced in every episode she featured in.

Still: that first one to 'Applause' was a pretty stellar one, so there's that at least. And I think across all seasons, Laila is comfortably the queen I am most attracted to out of drag. So well done Laila!

Memorable quote(s): "Alright ladies, let's turn up the juice and see what shakes loose..." - I still have no idea what this means.
Best Runway(s): She only had two. It wasn't the second one.
Best Moment(s): Cynthia picking her for her team, calling her "Lyla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote